Second hand saddles & saddlers. Advice please

melliebobs

Visit site
Hi. I've tried a few saddles and narrowed it down to an albion k2 jump or a jeffries elite. Now finding them is a whole new saga. I need 17.5, black and a mm for the albion or mw in the jeffries. No local saddlers are having any joy. Any suggestions where I could try? I know I'm being specific!

Grinchmass

Visit site
Don't know, but if you manage to track down either in the same width but with a 17inch seat send the ads my way... saddle shopping is more tedious when you need a smaller seat it appears.

Second hand saddle shopping is tedious. Have been vaguely looking for a Jeffries elite for a while, as it may be one of the only jump saddles to fit my mare...

Would suggest Facebook groups, preloved and eBay too.

twobearsarthur

Visit site
If you give them a call they may be able to source you one. They don't always have everything on their site.
I know it sounds odd but it's how I found something I wanted by just googling it and adding for sale lol

Grinchmass

Visit site
Have your checked eBay? I found that there are a fair few albion k2s gp and jump, but all in 17 1/2 - I could really do with a 17 1/2 but my mare won't take them, my bum barely takes the 17...

ETA - thanks Melliebobs :D

melliebobs

Visit site
Googled out looking!!! Yeah can't ever find the mm. Was the highest bidder on the only albion I've found and got out bid on the last second. I thought there might be some saddler that specialized in this market. There should be to make my life easier!!!

Grinchmass

Visit site
Googled out looking!!! Yeah can't ever find the mm. Was the highest bidder on the only albion I've found and got out bid on the last second. I thought there might be some saddler that specialized in this market. There should be to make my life easier!!!

My saddler usually has a selection of albions in and other second hand ones, if you can get to Wirral? She may post them to you though. Look up Colberry saddlery on facebook. Don't know if she has any in at the moment but may be able to make some suggestions.

melliebobs

Visit site
My saddler usually has a selection of albions in and other second hand ones, if you can get to Wirral? She may post them to you though. Look up Colberry saddlery on facebook. Don't know if she has any in at the moment but may be able to make some suggestions.

Fantastically helpful, I will be in touch! Only in Manchester so the Wirral is fine. Thank you :)