Secondhand RS-TOR?

SCG

Visit site
I'm just having a final post to see if anyone has one they don't want before I buy a new one. Obviously would much prefer to buy secondhand as they are sooo expensive new.
Luckypeggy, if you still want to sell yours please let me know ASAP as I would like to buy it! I have PM'd you several times but not sure if you've received them?

Natch

Visit site
If you are not happy to pay full price and don't get any second hand offers, why not make one? It doesn't look hard to me, a strap between the two D rings and something to make the 'up' bit... Old leadrope with a knot in the end maybe?

SCG

Visit site
Yep, brown tack if I'm lucky enough to find 2 I'll let you know!

Naturally, hadn't thought of making my own. Though I think the Rs-tor attaches to each stirrup bar, I'm not sure the D rings would be strong enough but I see what you mean, I'll have a think about it :)

MiCsarah

Visit site
If they attach the the stirrup bars why don't you buy an air jacket saddle attachment and then just find something to make the long bit you hold?

SCG

Visit site
What a brilliant idea! I've just googled them and not having a point 2 air jacket I had no idea about the saddle attachment but looks like it would be perfect and its only £10! I could then just clip a black lead rope onto the ring, cut to length required, tie a big knot on the end and voila! Thanks very much :)

Natch

Visit site
Excellent! Piccies required once you've done it - I may have to copycat! :D

TarrSteps

Visit site
Re making one, you could also use those loops that go around the bars for attaching breast plates and saddle pads to. I'm not sure how strong they are though, that might be an issue.