Secondhand Rugs

kandm

Visit site
Due to a personal situation I now have a number of rugs that I need to shift, from turnouts to stable rugs from being just a year old to being 3/4 years old. Do secondhand rugs sell well? If so with rugs that are in reasonably good conditions, few tears that have been mended, how much could I expect to get from them?

I'm not advertising as haven't said what size etc they are. However I have no idea where to begin on what price to sell them at or whether just to cut my loses and give them away.

Thanks

Kiri

Uraeus

Visit site
Depends on the rug. I just sold a Pessoa for 40.00 but they are excellent rugs! 1200D and all that shebang. For turnouts with necks I generally ask 25.00, without necks 20.00. I found stables don't tend to sell too well but again, it depends on the make of rug. On ebay, masta and rambo generally are sought after because people won't pay the new prices for them, but are willing to spend 50/60 on a second hand one if in good nick

kandm

Visit site
The majority of my rugs are weatherbeetas so have worn extremely well, in addition I have a snuggy sweet itch rug to sell, again not too sure on how much to ask...

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Have a look on ebay, there are always second hand rugs on there (I've bought a good few!), it will give you an idea of price. I would only buy newly washed rugs though.

tikino

Visit site
second hand rugs def have a good market esp if they are in good order and price sensibly. i tend to sell all my stuff via facebook horsiey sites as ebay has become very expensive with there fees

starryeyed

Visit site
I will keep an eye on this thread as I'm clueless when it comes to pricing secondhand rugs, (I sold a no fill weatherbeeta with neck for £30 and a masta heavyweight with neck for £25 if thats at all helpful) - what I've done in the past is look at similar ones on ebay and go from there, I usually put them on with a start of around £25 and hope for the best - all the ones I've sold have been new (due to loss of horse who had a huge wardrobe of "just in case" rugs), but I expect newly washed second hand ones would go for a similar price. I've had quite a bit of success with preloved too, I always try to sell there before ebay as it's free. Facebook horsey pages are definitely worth a try as well x

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
You will get more for turnouts/stable rugs when September hits

Two Facebook groups that are good and will give you an idea of costs and what is in demand are Rugs, Rugs, Rugs and Rug Up

I'd be tempted to put the snuggy on eBay or on the Horse Gossip forum as that will be in demand now