Section A studs

Kylara

Visit site
I'm looking for a section A. Old type. The ponies I drive with are Aston prefix and they are lovely, but as I wasn't the one that went and got them I don't know the contact details of the stud! So any help there would be great (based in Cheshire).

I've also been looking at Forlan who seem to be of the older stamp, but I'm struggling to find other studs that still do As and do the older type! I know lots of stud types I don't like, but that's not massively helpful. I don't know anyone with a Forlan A so I'm going off pictures with them.

So a plea for other studs/prefixes to look at that breed the older stamp of As rather than the seriously dished, buggy out eyes of the modern type.

Feival

Visit site
Look up Terry Wall and John Harvey, together they breed some magnificent A's and B's. The little welsh pony that won HOYS 2 or 3 years ago is on of there's.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
I'm looking for a section A. Old type. The ponies I drive with are Aston prefix and they are lovely, but as I wasn't the one that went and got them I don't know the contact details of the stud! So any help there would be great (based in Cheshire).

I've also been looking at Forlan who seem to be of the older stamp, but I'm struggling to find other studs that still do As and do the older type! I know lots of stud types I don't like, but that's not massively helpful. I don't know anyone with a Forlan A so I'm going off pictures with them.

So a plea for other studs/prefixes to look at that breed the older stamp of As rather than the seriously dished, buggy out eyes of the modern type.
What about here??? I can vouch for them http://www.cui-stud.co.uk/

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
The Forlan ponies were good stocky little types - good all rounders but most definitely natives - not usually ones which could go across easily to shp or standard lr classes.
Had a couple back in 93 & 95 for producing, lovely temperaments, fizzy side of going & jumped well.

Kylara

Visit site
Sounds nice FF. I'd be looking at M&M classes and M&M workers. Open classes as I'm rather a long way from lr or fr ;)

I've been sent a few she has for sale and one stands out so I'll get more info and have a look.

I'm not a fan of the overly dished head and the seriously dainty builds of the modern type so when someone mentioned forlan the other day they seem close in type to our driving ponies. Just can't find the details of Aston anywhere. I know she doesn't do much but she has had some stunners over the years.

Katastrophy

Visit site
http://coffeepotstud.com/index.html
County Durham, so a bit of a hike, but well worth a phone call! The pics on the site don't do their ponies justice- I'll be paying either them a trip or a local judge who uses his stallions when I'm ready for my baby's first showing A which I'll be driving as well.
Good luck! X

c2b

Visit site
There is the Thistledown Stud near Nottingham. Owned by Sandie Anderson I believe.

Visit site
If you look North to Edinburgh you get the Gartconnel stud, just a but further north is the Waxwing stud. If you look into Wales you can't throw a penny without hitting a pony!

Why not go to the sales later in the year? You can pick up absolute bargains there!