Sedalin Gel

Toast

Visit site
How much is it usually per syringe? Ive never really needed to use it but im gonna have to in the next couple of weeks and im just wondering if theyre expensive.
Also do i need to go through my vet to get it or can you buy it online?
Cheers guys!

scrunchie

Visit site
I think its about £15 and has to be bought through your vet (or you can get a presription and then buy it online but i've never done this so not sure how easy the process is.) The vet may insist on coming out and seeing the horse before prescribing it.

Be warned though - it doesn't seem to work on some horses.

happyhac

Visit site
Hey It cost me £27 via my vet. It comes in a 10 ml syringe and I used 1.5 ml for a 11.2 pony. It takes about 15-30 minutes to take effect and it worked brillantly for me when I had to poultice a pony who was on box rest and to gets manic in the stable. I highly recommend it.

LadyRascasse

Visit site
mine cost £27 for a tube via vets. i used 4 mls for a chunky 15.2 cob. didn't do anything to him.... but all horses are different

AprilBlossom

Visit site
We piped most of a tube down a 14.2 cob today and still weren't able to go near him with clippers!! Vet is now coming out to do the sedating properly with the big guns lol so little chunky can have all his hair cut off!!!

sprite1978

Visit site
We used it last weekend to turn out an ISH who has been on box rest for 16 weeks. We thought it had worked, turned him out and after about 5mins, he seemed to just snap out of it. He stood on himself and severed an artery in him coronary band....It was like a blood bath. So be aware that they can suddenly snap out of it and react sharply.

oldvic

Visit site
If you use too much it goes the other way. For the racehorses we normally use 1 or 2 ml, sometimes 3 for clipping. If they are really bad to clip we get them injected with domosedan and normally after a few goes they are ok with sedalin or nothing.