Sedate Hunting in Essex

9tails

Visit site
For a first timer, does anybody know where would be a good place to start with a sedate hunt? Anywhere in Essex or Hertfordshire would be good.

Alternatively, would it be better to wait until next Autumn as perhaps the proper hunting is a bit too full on now?

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
Essex or Essex Farmers & Union are both lovely. May be wise to go on foot and then start with your ned autumn hunting next year.

Or you could dip your toe into the hunting world with the Eastern Counties Minkhounds who are a rather spiffing foot pack who hunt from May to September in Essex!

tractor

Visit site
Any of the Essex packs are lovely - for a friendly newbie I'd head towards East Essex or Farmers and Union - both are on FB. If you really really want REALLY quiet then yes, wait until Autumn Hunting next year - both of the above packs usually start in August, or wait until the end of this season when (hopefully)- it's a bit dryer!

Both packs will welcome people on foot. :) If you want contact details then let me know, I;ve been following the F&U for 18 years so can point you in the right direction, plus have a lot of friends with the EE x

Vulpinator

Visit site
For a first timer, does anybody know where would be a good place to start with a sedate hunt? Anywhere in Essex or Hertfordshire would be good.

Alternatively, would it be better to wait until next Autumn as perhaps the proper hunting is a bit too full on now?

Ive hunted with all the Essex Packs but would only recommend the Essex Hunt to anyone as they are the premier pack and the most hospitable to everyone