sedating when clipping....

hannah87

Visit site
i just rang my vets up , expalined i needed some for clipping a very nervous and dangeous horse 4 clipping - they said that was fine - i picked it up next day and administered it myself

charterline

Visit site
not actually sure what.... just strong stuff as he was very dangerous when tried to clip him. He is going to HT on sunday, so needs his haircut

zoesophie

Visit site
Id suggest him being injected by your vet then
crazy.gif

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
I would suggest the first time getting the horse injected - i gave my mare a whole tube of sedalin and she still pinned me in the stable !!! her adrenalin seems to over ride it !!

if you can have it done by sedalin though get a prescription from your vet and get it off a website - will save you about £8 a tube !!

miller

Visit site
Used Sedalin to take edge off OH's mare the other week - did get more done than last year but TBH when it got the the awkward bits (under neck, top of neck and between front legs) the reaction was just the same as when we did her without last time.

We've decided for next year to try rugging her well to restrict hair growth and if that doesn't work sedation by the vet - just not worth the risks to horse/handle IMHO.

The sedalin does just get handed over but on does instructions it states that giving more will not sedate the animal deeper only for a longer time

sikaran

Visit site
My horse has to be sedated not because he is naughty but because he has very sensitive skin (suffers from sweet itch + skin is v pink) and he just finds it too ticklish and twitches uncontrollably. IV sedation is the best option for both of us.