Seeland Welles

mini-eventer

Visit site
Has anyone got any long term experience with seeland Welles?

I would be particularly interested how you rate them compared to le chameaus?

My last pair were le chameaus and they have only lasted 1.5 winters :(

To be fair I am very hard on wellies I can be in them 8 hours a day at work and also wear them to do my own horses. But have heard people on here saying theirs went on years I was rather hopeful.

Anyway how do seeland compare? I don't expect them to be more hard wearing but they are slightly cheaper so I can afford a pair a year if necessary

little_critter

Visit site
Check the seam where the sole joins the boot. My first pair started to come apart and I got a wet foot. Mole valley happily exchanged them. 2nd pair are ok so far but have only had them a month. Comfortable to wear and fairly warm. But I can't comment on their long term performance.

nicelittle

Visit site
Had mine 11 months, they split where my foot bends when I walk. Scats refunded as they have quite a guarantee on them, but have said they won't sell me any more as they have had such trouble with them!

I would not say I am particularly hard on wellies either, wearing them for maybe 2 hours a day.

I'm disappointed you have not had more luck with le chameaus as was considering those next!

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
I bought my first pair of Seelands second hand from a car boot sale (my size, £4, happy days!). They lasted me 3 years, I wore them loads, winters, wet summers, dog walking, soggy festivals, they didn't split and I only had to give them up when I ripped a hole in the side of one while moving some wood. Got a brand new pair for Christmas. I absolutely love these boots, they are so warm and comfortable.

Merlin11

Visit site
I have had a pair for over a year and very happy with them. They are really warm and comfy and have a very good sturdy sole. No probs so far!

DJ

Visit site
This is my 3rd winter with mine and they are fab .... I live in them (well apart from when in the office lol) and they`re still holding up just fine ... My hubby and best friend have a pair too, bought at the same time as mine, with equal amounts of hammer and they`re still all going strong too :)