SEIB Search for a Star - room, what to wear?

dollymix

Visit site
Hi all
I'm hoping that one of you knowledgeable people may help!

I am helping a friend at the Search for a Star competion at a local EC. It is a hack class. I have looked at rules which state groom must wear a hard hat - but does anyone else have advice on what to wear? Don't want to look out of place!!

DifficultMare

Visit site
When I'm helping as groom, I tend to wear my show jacket and shirt & tie, smart dark trousers and boots - basically pretty much the same attire as I would for showing in-hand. If you've made the huge effort to get the horse and rider looking gorgeous you don't want to let the 'team' down by not looking smart yourself! ;) Have fun and good luck to your friend x

humblepie

Visit site
Smart trousers, boots, then up to you as to what jacket you wear really. A tidy yard type jacket would be fine. If you have a look at SMR photos, Sue does all the SFAS photos and you can generally see some grooms in the background of the conformation photos.

dollymix

Visit site
Thanks for the tip with the photographer. Just had a good look through and I'm thinking either my own show gear, or dark coloured jods, boots and my navy gillet