Self-indulgent proud mummy post

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Took Evie to local "Merry Days", and was so proud of my big baby. She has been quite hard work as can be quite gobby when we meet other dogs though has improved greatly with training classes but today she didn't put a foot wrong. For a laugh put her in the av Pastoral class in the dog show and she won it, despite the fact that she had been paddling in the mere just before hand so was a bit soggy.
smirk.gif
We then had to go in the Best in Show in the main ring, but unfortunately she was more interested in eating sheep muck! They also had a Sealed Knot battle re enactment with loads of muskets and cannon fire. I took her a little way away as I wasn't sure how she would react, but she didn't turn a hair. She was not quite so sure of some animated teddy bears though.

P100509_134301.jpg

Not the best preparation for the show ring
P100509_1408.jpg

And with her red rosette
P100509_155801.jpg

Sorry did warn it was self-indulgent.
smile.gif

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
Brilliant! She is looking super, hasn't she grown?

Glad you had a great day out.

B was fab at training today, I think (hope!) we have turned a corner - where did all these gobby sheps come from?!
tongue.gif

ETA - why don't you let Evie write about her day in the diary?
tongue.gif

Murphy88

Visit site
Oh, doesn't she look sweet with her little rosette, like butter wouldn't melt... although she's still sitting like a frog!
tongue.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Cala, she was not sure about the teddy things at all. There were 3 or 4 of them and they were automated. When she first spotted them she backed away from them (big brave GSD) but then plucked up courage to have a look. I was a bit worried she would try and grab one though, as was the chap in charge of the stand I think, he was watching her very warily
smile.gif

M88, suspect she will always sit like a frog, thats why I am paranoid about her hips, still if they are bad perhaps you can take her to uni for research purposes
smile.gif

And less of the patronising "little rosette", I will have you know as far as Evie and I are concerned that is a huge trophy!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Course I will. Have to say they are mind numbingly boring. Its amazing how seriously some people take them, there were some people there yesterday with 2 westies which they were grooming on a proper professional show table, with a handle thingy (not sure what they are called but dog people will know what I mean). Evie's pre-class paddle definitely wouldn't have done for them
wink.gif