Selkirk?

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Sorry - me again!
The dealer that just says "Falkirk" - that would be Avonmill equestrian, and Fife = Billy Lowther, yes?

Last edited:

TPO

Visit site
Sorry - me again!
The dealer that just says "Falkirk" - that would be Avonmill equestrian, and Fife = Billy Lowther, yes?

I very much doubt that the Falkirk dealer would be Avonmill. For starters they aren't in Falkirk! I believe that they are more agents than dealers too. They are also high end and wouldn't be on the likes of D.D.

There are a other dealer names in Falkirk and Fife that would come to mind

Goldie's mum

Visit site
So I know what you're thinking - "this cheapskate is seeing how low she can go without actually scraping up the sediment on the bottom"!

I'm making preliminary retirement plans which involve a type of pony that high-end sources wouldn't bother with, so I'll need to venture into injun territory but not brave/daft enough to rock up to Appleby with cash sewn into my undies.

Edited to add - I'm not in Selkirk it was just that the dealer there seems on the face of it to deal in the type I'll be after. Warned off now, thanks to HH.

TPO

Visit site
So I know what you're thinking - "this cheapskate is seeing how low she can go without actually scraping up the sediment on the bottom"!

I'm making preliminary retirement plans which involve a type of pony that high-end sources wouldn't bother with, so I'll need to venture into injun territory but not brave/daft enough to rock up to Appleby with cash sewn into my undies.

Edited to add - I'm not in Selkirk it was just that the dealer there seems on the face of it to deal in the type I'll be after. Warned off now, thanks to HH.

Not that I'd recommend him but there is Tom Dunbar. I've seen some poor wee souls flourish into lovely ponies with the right care. It's a punt, and even he's put prices up, but probably one of the cheapest around.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Not that I'd recommend him but there is Tom Dunbar. I've seen some poor wee souls flourish into lovely ponies with the right care. It's a punt, and even he's put prices up, but probably one of the cheapest around.
Thank you. I'll add him to my maybe list.
It's not a matter of price I'm going to need a been there- done it all ride & drive, travellers' pony type. Retiring this Autumn so no rush. A long time since I bought & was looking for something quite different then.

Reactions: TPO

TPO

Visit site
Thank you. I'll add him to my maybe list.
It's not a matter of price I'm going to need a been there- done it all ride & drive, travellers' pony type. Retiring this Autumn so no rush. A long time since I bought & was looking for something quite different then.

AFAIK his tend to be younger, blank canvas/untangled types so probably not suitable

WispyBegs

Visit site
I have not heard good things about the Ashes from Selkirk - they also advertise under the name Emma Clark.
Personally I would avoid!
Would really recommend searching any potential dealer on the Dodgy Dealer pages on Facebook so you can get a good idea of how reputable they are.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
I have not heard good things about the Ashes from Selkirk - they also advertise under the name Emma Clark.
Personally I would avoid!
Would really recommend searching any potential dealer on the Dodgy Dealer pages on Facebook so you can get a good idea of how reputable they are.
Thank you, certainly will.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Personally I would avoid any dealer who doesn't advertise their name with the advert. If they were genuine, they would put their name out there.

I also discounted any that said private sale, when it was obvious that they were not.

The cob I have in my avatar would be a fun type for you, I sourced him on Preloved. There were a fair few older, been there/seen it types on Preloved when I was looking. He was straight from a private home, although he did have (fully declared) health issues. A horse from the same yard was a similar type and was more £ but had no health issues.

In fact, the other was so similar that the livery staff had sometimes brought the wrong one into the stable! LOL.

Goldie's mum

Visit site
Personally I would avoid any dealer who doesn't advertise their name with the advert. If they were genuine, they would put their name out there.

I also discounted any that said private sale, when it was obvious that they were not.

The cob I have in my avatar would be a fun type for you, I sourced him on Preloved. There were a fair few older, been there/seen it types on Preloved when I was looking. He was straight from a private home, although he did have (fully declared) health issues. A horse from the same yard was a similar type and was more £ but had no health issues.

In fact, the other was so similar that the livery staff had sometimes brought the wrong one into the stable! LOL.

Good advice, thank you.