Selling a saddle

pixie27

Visit site
Need to sell my pony’s saddle and wondered what the best option is. I’ve got it listed on Facebook and eBay, but have also considered Sheepham Saddles and the Saddle Bank - does anyone have any experience or recommendations of selling through them? It’s only a year old and was an expensive saddle, so wondering if it’s better to sell through a reseller rather than Facebook etc? (Both places would take commission.)

dixie

Visit site
I’ve sold through Sheepham a couple of times. One saddle sold quickly and another took about a year, however it was a bit unusual shaped saddle. I would use them again so would recommend.

pixie27

Visit site
I’ve sold through Sheepham a couple of times. One saddle sold quickly and another took about a year, however it was a bit unusual shaped saddle. I would use them again so would recommend.
Thank you! Sheepham gave a slightly higher quote to resell so good to hear you’d recommend them. Hope this one doesn’t take a year?

How about Becky (Daisy's owner)?
www.saddlerentals.co.uk
Oh I’d forgotten Becky was doing this!! I’ll drop her a message. Hope you, Alf, and the gang are all well x

Kaylum

Visit site
If it's a pony saddle it should sell quite well on fb as everyone it looking for them at the moment. If you put on marketplace and take photos from every angle measurements as well.

Fieldlife

Visit site
Need to sell my pony’s saddle and wondered what the best option is. I’ve got it listed on Facebook and eBay, but have also considered Sheepham Saddles and the Saddle Bank - does anyone have any experience or recommendations of selling through them? It’s only a year old and was an expensive saddle, so wondering if it’s better to sell through a reseller rather than Facebook etc? (Both places would take commission.)

I listed mine on eBay, preloved, FB market place, about 6/7 local and saddle selling FB groups. Took a couple of months but did sell.

I put willing to drive an hour in any direction to do an exchange. Or willing to post tracked at buyers cost.

meleeka

Visit site
I sold mine through Saddles Direct. It took 8 months with no communication from them. It disappeared from the website a couple of times or showed as out on trial for weeks. Apparently it was with a local fitter, but I had to ask to be told this. Eventually it was sold to someone in my county, but again, they didn’t mention they’d sold until I asked. I’ve got another to sell, but will probably try and sell myself. It cost £20 to send it off and obviously the same if I had had it returned.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Ebay and Facebook were a waste of time when I sold my saddle. I used the Saddle Bank but have used Saddles direct before. That way they send courier to you they take it clean it advertise it and send it out on trials for you. then next Thing is you get email it is sold and they transfer money.

I prefer Saddle Bank if I have to sell one again.