Selling and buying horses! - price discrepency - **pics**!

Paddydou

Visit site
Personally I think that this particular horse was underpriced. I think £3.5 - £4k would have been a better reflection.

Sayra

Visit site
Yeah I know it depends on why you bought horse or what kind of work you have done to it. ie if I was looking for an amazing jumper £10,000 would not be too expensive.

I just meant that what if you've improved the horse but not to a high standard then you wont make any profit.

Ach, i dont really know what I mean! I was thinking more of a bog standard horse rather than a good show jumping/dressage horse.

Bens_Mum

Visit site
I know of local dealers who sell much greener horses for £5,500 all day long as 4/5 year olds and as much as £6,500 for nice breeding.. Thats without tack! Sounds like total bargain to me!

moneypit1

Visit site
Have to say that I DO NOT buy and sell horses for a living. I tend to buy the odd one or two that I like and produce them and then sell on usually NOT for a profit. But, it is a hobby and if I don't make a loss thats great and if I make a little profit even better! The bonus to me is that I get great satisfaction from producing them, learn heaps every time and always shed a tear when they go! I would be a useless dealer as I get to emotionally involved and always want to stay in touch with the new owners if possible. I am always at the end of the phone to help them if any problems arise and still keep in touch with horses I have sold from over 15 years ago!