selling at an auction?

Orangehorse

Visit site
Ring up the auctioneers who run the sale. You would have to book in and pay. Discuss what amount of reserve you want to put and they will say if it is reasonable or not. They usually have grades of warranty, so read what they are carefully. So a child's pony must be suitable for a child, and for instance, something described as a "hunter" must be capable of being hunted. Buyers can reject something within a time limit if it does not fit the description, so write the description carefully. I guess that some come under the heading of "unwarranted" but I don't know what that means to the horse.
As well as paying to book in, you will also pay commission if the horse is sold. Generally people bid in guinies, £1.05 (??? not 100% sure) and you are paid in £s, with the auctioneers keeping the difference.

There are all sorts of auctions from those attracting very expensive horses, to those at the other end, but the advantage of an auction is that there are lots of potential buyers in one place and if the horse is sold you get your money very soon. The disadvantage is that you don't know who is going to buy. But some really good horses and ponies are bought and sold at auction.

maggiehorse

Visit site
you need to enter the horse a few weeks ahead of sale so that it can be included in the catalogue.on the day arrive at least 2 hours before sale starts so that people can view the horse , be there to answer any question , dont forget to take a haynet and bucket of water which i leave with the horse if its sold as it may be several hours before he is collected. make sure you have its passport any any other breed documents and micro chip details ready to hand into office,lead the horse yourself in ring , ride him if its allowed , put a reserve on him if the right price is importsnt , if not put no reserve to garruntee its sale if it is sold leave the headcollar with him , payment is sent to you afterwards , if not sold collect his documents and then the horse.

goldenchestnut

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Sorry for not coming back sooner but i had something to deal with. Hoping it won't come to this and he will be sold first but i'm looking into this as i have to give him up. Hard decision but things change and i've made up my mind now and have to stick to it. Thanks.