Selling Chico

Weezy

Visit site
Sooooooo have decided he is going on the market awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Now I am going to stick him on Horsemart first off and see what response I get, but I KNOW who I want him to go to really - someone that has limited funds but is a fab rider and VERY sympathetic, who can bring out the best in him (ohh rather like Munchie who has him now then!) - I am willing to neg for the right home but I feel if I put him up for too little then someone who jst wants to turn a quick profit may buy him (wouldnt blame them for a second!)

So, any ideas how I can word his ad? Something like "Please someone who has limited funds but oodles of talent buy this horse to take you places" - Bt I cannot say that can I!

Also the rider needs to be understand that they will NOT get much sense out of him for prob a couple of weeks or so when they move him - he isnt much into change seeing he has only been at 3 yards in his life - it has taken Munchie 3/4 weeks to get him settled turned out and she has worked wonders and managed to get him to accept a rug too
laugh.gif

Its very hard - ideas please!

PS - look at chilled ponio

DSCF0625.jpg

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Could you maybe do a wanted ad for a rider? Sort of a bit tongue in cheek?
I am a handsome 15.1hh grey blah and I am searching for the perfect partner who is kind and sensitive to share good times with. etc etc I am sure you get my drift.

Tia

Visit site
No I wouldn't do it like this (of course this is only what I do) - I would be totally professional with your advert; state breeding pedigree and all the other blah blah blahs, promote him and advertise him well above what you believe he is worth!

I always bump my horses up much more than I believe they are truly worth, or what I would be prepared to pay for them - special ones do sell at this price PROVIDING their breeding is impeccable/they are stunning horses.

I personally wouldn't get into any emotional stuff other than has to go to the best home!!

By the way I think you are doing the right thing - horse not making money or giving enjoyment......sell!!
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
Tricky - if you are gonna go for Horsmart then IMO lec's idea sounds fab, but if H&H then do as Tia suggests.

PinkFairy

Visit site
ahh wish i was nearer at not at college - im really interested in excerising a horse and doing chores for someone who cant spend that extra time with the horse. But he's lovely he should go very far
smile.gif

X

xspiralx

I agree with Tia. No reason you can't make lots of moolah AND get a fab home!

I'm not sure I'd go with the "horse point of view" ad, not really sure why, it just doesn't appeal to me really! but then I'm not the one buying lol! - I would just put a normal advert, and include that you want a "sensitive competent rider" or something similar to have him.

Weezy

Visit site
No thats not what they are saying - they are reffering to me saying that I would take LESS than market value for him for the right home - they are saying not to undervalue him and to put the upper end of his price bracket on the add and not the lower immediately

And a horse is worth what someone will pay for it - whether that be £1k or £100k! A TB thats worth £1k to me could be worth £10k to someone like Vicijp!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Advets are never my game and I am not even attempting to get into them, though I am favoring tia's idea of a more pro approach to it, those over emotional ones always set visions in my head of ponios that are over loved and have no drive, sorry if that offends anyone
crazy.gif

I do think you are doing the right thing though, from what I understand of you, your love of sj and hunting and Chics? Well isnt so up for them... it isn't a match made in heaven. Badger...
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh pay no attention - didnt you realise they are one and the same person?!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You mean that Volty is giving himself sexual satisfaction
blush.gif
confused.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Tierra firstly thats not me riding! He is about, at a guess 15-1hh? I need to have him measured - I am 5ft11 tho! He takes my leg but I do look top heavy on him

7.jpg

Plus the fact I am an SJer and NOT a stressager! If I kept him I would simply hack him - he needs to go shine!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
He looks lovely. Ive seen a few pictures of him before and he caught my eye then.

Unfortunatly im quite tall - well same height as you actually
tongue.gif

Is the picture above of you on him? You dont look that tall on him at all actually!