Selling my best pal

dianchi

Visit site
Having re-read the entire post, you don't come across to positive.

If you want help and advice please post the story but little one liners "it went wrong" doesn't help!
Good people on this forum, Jessi's recent ordeal I think sums it up, but to help people need details.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
OK, folks to cut along story short,
I got the horse in to temporary accomodation, he had been fed, watered and monitored during the interim.
The place he went to was very local and it was very temporary, I got him fit and got him fed but I could not find a new home, they wanted him out, they wanted me out , so I had to arrange for the knackerman, it was a very nice man, not a large firm, it was to be the only job of the day and all would be clean and quick and he had had so many dreadful things in his life, I just wanted to make his last few days happy, but I could not even arrange this.
I asked evryone I knew for help, evry person involved with horses in the world, I got some offers of various sorts.
On D-Day- 5 I pleaded for someone to mediate, reluctantly this man [big noise in the BHS] went to see him.
Bought him, he has a forever home and a retirement plan, he will never agin be passed from pillar to post and he will never be starved.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Having re-read the entire post, you don't come across to positive.

If you want help and advice please post the story but little one liners "it went wrong" doesn't help!
Good people on this forum, Jessi's recent ordeal I think sums it up, but to help people need details.
The forum is for advice and for discussion, its public, its not the right place for re homing one horse. There are other places.
I started the post to get some input that might help, and it has done, given me contacts and ideas, but its not a re homing site.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Spared the bullet then.

Well done.

The only thing that kept me going was that if I did not keep going it could be worse for him, abandoned by me, his only friend.

I am still in shock, and there are so many messages to send out and reply to.
First amazing person was the knackerman, he was calm and very nice, he was a horse person ........... I am going to meet him this week and we are going for a beach ride on his ponies!!!

Second amazing person was the man who hired me a trailer, but also took a day off work to come and drive for me. A complete stranger, and not even a horse person.

Then there is Madelaine Walker animal communicator, I asked for help, she realised that what he needed was the best outcome, this time it had to be forever. And it is the best outcome. Needless to say I am an agnostic, cynical, pragamtist, but when there is nothing left in the world, one has to look out of the world :)

Miss L Toe

Visit site
what's happened?
I only told folks by pm, but four months ago I found him in his field with others, no water and no food. He was at least 75kg underweight. Spinal processes showing.
I arranged for that to be to be sorted: they would have died in that hot weather if I had not alterered things, and aranged for him to be monitored.
The sspca flip-flopped between "we will monitor" and "we can't keep going over there"
I took BHS legal advice to ensure that I could get him back, I did not go down the easy route suggested by the girl's solicitor, but took the hard route so that I remained a stakeholder.
Quite a lot of people said "walk away", some thought I wanted him back so I could make money by selling him on, why do people always think the worst of me?