Selling my pony- the saga continues!

tinkerflight

Visit site
I had a lovely lady come and look at my mare today, however she wasn't suitable for her which is fair enough.
I still have had no other enquiries from my advert, I have put some adverts on the wonder that is facebook, but they disappear down the page quite quickly. I have looked at Horse quest but it's £36 to put an advert on there and I'm just not convinced that enough people will look at it on there?
I have put better pictures on my horsemart advert and re-written it. I don't want to put her price down much more as I think she is actually possibly already worth more than what I am advertising her for.
It is perhaps the time of year, but it's very frustrating as I don't know what I am doing wrong!

phoenix26

Visit site
I had only one enquiry from horsemart for mine, and then used adhorse. Adhorse was £5 for 3 months and i had loads of interest from that site. Hope this helps

confirmedponyaddict

Visit site
Whilst its pricey I would reccomend horsequest because I know a lot of people who buy off there and all the horses and ponies seem to fetch good money. Have you tried advertising in local tackshops? Reaches a wider audience than you might think.

L&M

Visit site
Probably a combination of the time of year, weather and lack of finances after Christmas!

I have always had sucess with horsemart but find they are better for the lower end of the market. Horsequest seems to attract more serious buyers but is more for the competition type horse.

Have you tried the H & H online ads? If I remember right it is only £5 for a month but that may have been a special deal they were doing.

Also if you have a local RC/PC you could draw up an ad and ask them to send it around their email list?

Good luck in finding her a nice home x

Last edited:

tinkerflight

Visit site
thanks everyone, I'll try horse quest then (although my pony is at the lower end of the market) and horse deals and I'll look at horse and hound too. Thank you

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Another who was just browsing Horsequest one boxing day, and spotted the perfect horse for daughter about 5 miles down the road! He is still with us 10 years later!

Bazzel

Visit site
I advertised my mare all over the place, had dozens of enquiries and a few people try her but the person who bought her in the end saw her advertised on Horse & Hound so that gets my vote. Keep bumping her advert up on facebook by commeting on it, I'd recommend the Cricklands Facebook group, I had lots of interest through that.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Both our ponies sold very quickly through H&H too, the week they were actually in the magazine too. Its not that expensive if your equine is not up for a lot of money. The pony club website is good too. I think that things are selling if they are priced right. I know quite a few people that have bought and sold in the last two months, and a couple that have over priced their equines and have sat scratching their heads wondering why nobody has been..

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I didn't find Horsemart much use, although I always look on it myself! seems the easiest one to use. Horsequest looks messy to me, don't see why its so popular myself! I sold my horse from a local advert in the end. I got more serious interest from Horse and Hound. Horsemart landed me with a load of dreamers... who I told not to view :eek:

teresagarsden

Visit site
Have you tried preloved its a free site and I have sold 2 horses over the years and both sold on preloved. Nice simple layout and you can add pics.
Good luck with the sale.

Sam_J

Visit site
Depending on what sort of horse you're selling, the Pony Club website is a good one and they do have a section for 16hh and over so it's not just for ponies!

zoelouisem

Visit site
I sold me daughters pony off horse quest 2 days after Xmas for a very good price so would highly recommend it. I don't think the time of year matters that much if your selling a good type of horse/pony. I was getting calls Xmas eve and 9 pm New Years evening!!

Afrikaner

Visit site
I had a lovely lady come and look at my mare today, however she wasn't suitable for her which is fair enough.
I still have had no other enquiries from my advert, I have put some adverts on the wonder that is facebook, but they disappear down the page quite quickly. I have looked at Horse quest but it's £36 to put an advert on there and I'm just not convinced that enough people will look at it on there?
I have put better pictures on my horsemart advert and re-written it. I don't want to put her price down much more as I think she is actually possibly already worth more than what I am advertising her for.
It is perhaps the time of year, but it's very frustrating as I don't know what I am doing wrong!

What part of the country are you?