Selling Question ??

tubby1

Visit site
Hi I am currently selling my horse, I have had loads of interest & have 3 viewings this weekend. My first viewer is really keen & wants to have her vetted if she likes her. I have no problem having her vetted. My concern is that if this person likes her & vets her do I put off the other viewers. Then if she fails on something silly ( as I have seen other horses do ) can I contact the other people. Or do I just go ahead with the viewings. She isn't anything fancy & she isn't very expensive. Do I tell my first viewer that I have more viewings. Getting myself confused :0 any advice appreciated thanks

Tobiano

Visit site
Hm normally when I have bought a horse I have put down a deposit which would be returnable if the vetting was unsuccessful. Not sure if you have had the first viewing yet but if not get a deposit then you can tell others you have taken a deposit but if the lady changes her mind you will get back in touch.

The first viewer should pay a deposit or else others can continue to view the horse.

Hope that helps!

Bazzel

Visit site
When I sold my mare last year I had several people arranged to come and view her in one weekend. It was a first come first serve kind of thing for viewings but I would pick who bought her based on how good the home was. The first people who tried her (who luckily were a perfect home) wanted her and arranged to have her vetted (after putting down a deposit) so I informed anyone else who was trying her that someone else had first refusal and they could try her if the sale fell through. Hope that makes sense. I would personally advise not to put other buyers off too much as a sale is never confirmed until money has changed hands and the horse is happily moved in - people can be very indecisive. Good luck :)

twobearsarthur

Visit site
When I sold my mare last year I had several people arranged to come and view her in one weekend. It was a first come first serve kind of thing for viewings but I would pick who bought her based on how good the home was. The first people who tried her (who luckily were a perfect home) wanted her and arranged to have her vetted (after putting down a deposit) so I informed anyone else who was trying her that someone else had first refusal and they could try her if the sale fell through. Hope that makes sense. I would personally advise not to put other buyers off too much as a sale is never confirmed until money has changed hands and the horse is happily moved in - people can be very indecisive. Good luck :)
This. I have always let other viewers know when I deposit pending vetting has been made.
Never turn people away you never know when a purchasers situation may change.
I once put a deposit on a horse on the Friday and was told on the Monday I was being put up for redundancy!!!
Luckily I wasn't made redundant and the breeder held her for me until I knew. (she was in no hurry to sell and thought I was the right person).