Semi-automatic

C1airey

Visit site
Am hopefully going to view a 3.5t in about 10 days’ time. It has a semi-automatic gearbox. I’ve never driven anything semi-auto before. Does anyone on here have one? What are they like and what should I expect?

Pippity

Visit site
My car's an automatic that I can flip into semi-automatic. I find it a bit limiting because it stops you block-shifting, but it is useful for keeping the revs up if I'm going through deep water. In general, it has a lot of the inconveniences of a manual without the benefits.

Frumpoon

Visit site
My car's an automatic that I can flip into semi-automatic. I find it a bit limiting because it stops you block-shifting, but it is useful for keeping the revs up if I'm going through deep water. In general, it has a lot of the inconveniences of a manual without the benefits.

I had a semi auto car that I hated, this description is exactly right. Things like sliding backwards on hill starts and rough gear changes

depends how much it is and what the alternatives are?

meleeka

Visit site
Not a horse box but we have a semi auto VW van. It’s pretty much like an auto which would be fine if it were a horse box I think. My friend has a semi Auto Smart car and the gear changes are shocking, so I’d say you’d need to drive it and see.