sending away to school/bring on...

joanne1920

Visit site
How much would the going rate be per week?
My young cob just needs a bit more schooling by someone a better than me, i have asked my instructer and im sure she said its £50 per week and she would ride him everyday inc hacking lunging etc, price includes stable if i want it.... ive since thought this cheap??? and maybe i misheard the price? was wondering what other places were charging????
Think im going mad - must be the hot weather!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
blush.gif

xxxx

FinellaGlen

Visit site
That sounds incredibly cheap! I'd go for a deal like that if I had a horse that I needed bringing on. Maybe you need to speak to her again to clarify the price?

Halfpass

Visit site
I'm sending mine away in August (if she is sound by then!!??) and its costing me £200 for 10 days. So £50 for a week is very very cheap.

watakerfuffle

Visit site
We charge £125 pw for schooling which includes stabling, daily turnout and all bedding/feed and of course schooling! A schooling livery but out at grass I would charge £75 pw

joanne1920

Visit site
hmmmm perhaps i did mis hear her, perhaps she said £150 per week....
she thought he would only need him for 2 weeks, its really just to get him more forward thinking... he's a bit thick and lazy!!!! hmmm will have to clarify it with her!

Kenzo

Visit site
Sorry just to prevent any confusion in my last reply, I actually meant that £100 was for breaking/schooling, not sure what they charge for just corrective schooling and jumping etc, used to be £60.00 per week inc livery but that was 8 years ago or more.
smile.gif

I can certainly recomend someone if you are in the Yorkshire area.
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have just got Chancer back from three weeks schooling - all his basics were there but he just needed some establishing and fine tuning.

I sent him to Sarah Fortts who is at Chelmsford. Full livery with schooling cost me £100 a week. He looks fab, and is a very different horse to ride. I now just need to up my skills to get the best out of him. I saw how he went for Sarah and now she is working on fine tuning me - hence my first lesson on Saturday.

joanne1920

Visit site
So maybe the £50 was right?! As M lives out and she owns her own property.... will ring her now... also need to phone saddle fitter as his saddle isnt great..... xxx