Sending Away!! - West Yorkshire

stace1

Visit site
At the min im deciding whether to send my mare away for some basic schooling, she was straight out of racing in sept, was left to wind down and is now hacking with bits of schooling, in an attempt to get her balanced and muscle up.

However I am contemplating whether or not to send her away so she can learn the basics from somone with more experience than i Have.

im aiming at dressage at showing so would like her aimed towards that. Shes only 4yrs

how much roughly for someone decent is it on a weekly basis.

Have you ever done it, and do you see it as a cop out??

are they ok for you to have lessonss whilst away, are you able to watch them riding etc

also any reccomendations for the west yorkshire area

horseywelsh

Visit site
Lisa Lane is West Yorkshire area (pm me if you want her number) she is fantastic, i have regular lessons with her, and my horse went for a week when he was 4 (while i was on holiday). She worked him and then gave me a lesson on him before i picked him up to see/feel the changes. It isn't a cop out at all. Quite a few of my friends have had their horses up for w couple of weeks and have also being pleased with the results. Lisa does dressage and showing herself.

Booboos

Visit site
Caroline Saynor at Highwood Dressage is your way as well and might be worth a look. She always seems to have amazingly chilled, well behaved and nice horses so she must be doing something right!

Not a cop out at all! Mine get ridden by my trainer on a regular basis and go to her when I am away for 're-educating'. It's really sensible to get help!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Its not a cop out at all, I am planning on sending mine away for a week when I go on holiday for a bit of a boot camp. I am planning on sending him to the place below.

While it might seem a bit new age, she does produce horses for competition (her daughter competes very successfully at pony eventing) and for me I have peace of mind knowing she isn't going to ruin my horse using harsh methods (I am a little soft on my horse!
blush.gif
). She is a good rider and gets great results, location is brilliant too
smile.gif

http://www.saraussher.co.uk/