Sending my horse for training?

piaffe

Visit site
Hi, I am thinking about sending my boy to a dressage trainer for a few weeks for a bit of education. The main reason for this is that, later on this year, I am going to be very nbusy with assignments etc.

Anyone know how much it costs approx and, if poss, anyone in my area (ish). I have a few ideas, one in particular but am open to suggestions.
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I think my dressage trainer charges about £100 - £120 a week including full livery. She is based in Somerset and is pretty good with young horses.

piaffe

Visit site
oooh, where abouts in somerset?

Who is your trainer? Pm if you'd prefer.

Price wise, thats about what i thought so thats ok!

Bossanova

Visit site
My sister could do something, she's very much into her andys/lusos (ask Weezy!) and very highly recommended (not that I'm biased
smirk.gif
)
I think schooling livery is about £130/week but dont quote me on that

Weezy

Visit site
Yes I can deffo recommend Boss's sister - I watched her ride the Luso Stallion that she has on her yard and she certainly has the manner I would be looking for if I was to send mine off somewhere

BethH

Visit site
Why don't you arrange for the trainer of your choice to ride him at his current yard, that would mean you knew exactly how he was looked after and dealt with and what was happening to him. Have to say - and I know I am probably in the minority here, but I am not sure I would want to send my boy away, out of his own enviroment with the stress that brings to have someone else school him as I would have to ride him when he came back and deal with any problems that could be created. I would rather work with a trainer to improve us both. I did think long and hard about sending him away to be schooled on but decided I wasn't comfortable with the impact on him