Sending my youngster to Will Hunt breaking, any reviews welcome

marnieandlilly

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

As the title says, I’m looking to send my youngster to get some training after just being backed.

Has anyone else used him and what was your experience?

thanks

oldie48

Visit site
A friend had her horse backed by him, one of the things she asked for in particular was to get him loading as she has limited facilities where he is kept. she had to send her horse back for a second time and then had him re-backed by someone else. From what she said to me, if you want a horse hacking out happily, he might be your man but for friend, he wasn't. Don't like to diss someone I've not had direct experience of though so just repeating.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Don't like to diss someone I've not had direct experience of though so just repeating.

If the OP wants second hand info, I've got dozens of anecdotes and none of them would encourage me to send a horse to him. And whilst my horse is brilliant, I am very firmly of the opinion that this is despite of WH and not because of him.

marnieandlilly

New User
Visit site
Very grateful for all the replies! I’ve never sent a horse away for further training so am very new to all of this, also couldn’t find much about him on google, so thought to ask here.

{97702}

Visit site
Very grateful for all the replies! I’ve never sent a horse away for further training so am very new to all of this, also couldn’t find much about him on google, so thought to ask here.

Try googling his name in connection with the horse that died on his yard when he was “teaching it to load”.... it’s enlightening

Sprat

Visit site
Try googling his name in connection with the horse that died on his yard when he was “teaching it to load”.... it’s enlightening

Yes I'm sure I recall this, it was a few years ago. The horse went up and over and snapped it's neck if I remember correctly :(

{97702}

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I couldn’t find anything about the accident but have decided to use someone else who was recommended by a lot of people on my yard :)

I never thought to ask if you were local, or I would have recommended Maggie Brims Equestrian to you - she is absolutely fantastic, a beautiful rider and really lovely with the horses ? I’m glad you have found someone though

Twiggy13

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

As the title says, I’m looking to send my youngster to get some training after just being backed.

Has anyone else used him and what was your experience?

thanks
He’s fabulous. I sent my Arab mare to him to be broken (Gracie) check out his testimonials, he came highly recommended and he was great. I got a lovely happy horse back and was riding all over the common. There are no airs and graces with Will, he just gets on with the job. Top lad??