Sending saddle by post

StableMum

Visit site
I've just had a saddle delivered by My Hermes and the box was badly damaged and squashed so probably best avoid them!

Baywonder

Visit site
We use Parcelforce - they do 24 hour delivery, tracking and signature on delivery. Please make sure you use a strong box, and if needed double line it with more cardboard - and plenty of brown parcel to seal the box.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have been waiting for a package via eBay from my Hermes for 2 weeks, they keep emailing me saying it's coming and never does. I have sent a saddle by royal mail it got there fine and no damage.

Teajack

Visit site
I have been waiting for a package via eBay from my Hermes for 2 weeks, they keep emailing me saying it's coming and never does. I have sent a saddle by royal mail it got there fine and no damage.

l only got mine - after a month of head-frying nonsense - by emailing their press office to say l was about to go to the papers. Didn't honestly think that would work but suddenly it was delivered no problem.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Yep, will be avoiding My Hermes - they're not bad round here, but I know it's hit and miss. I was planning to use Royal Mail/Parcelforce, so good to know they seem to be the best options. I've got a removals box and some heavy duty bubble wrap, so hopefully it'll be well protected.

Cheers, peoples.

AandK

Visit site
I used ParcelForce for a saddle I sold recently. They collected it from me and it was fully tracked and insured. I used the 48hr option but they do 24hr as well. The person I sold it to said it arrived in the condition I sent it out in (I sent pics) I covered the box in 'fragile' tape.

Zero00000

Visit site
I used parcelforce 24hr, tracked and signed, padded the box as much as I could and really sealed it.
It was an expensive saddle so I wanted to make sure it made it there.

Fransurrey

Visit site
It went 24 h Parcelforce, with a LOT of bubblewrap. Thankfully I'd kept the box from my new saddle, so used that! Even had the fragile markings on.

On a side note, Steph, you look and sound very like a friend of mine. It's freaky how like her you sound and look - even same hairstyle!!!