Sensitive food

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mitch appears to be reacting badly to the current puppy food he’s on. I’ve generally stuck to adult food with all the pups as there appears to be so little difference bar one percent protein/phosphorus levels, so we’re trialling him on Bear’s adult kibble.Normally we would be feeding pure raw but because have been using more kibble recently. I’m thinking we need to go with a sensitive brand. Can anyone recommend a good quality sensitive food? I’m wary of avoiding grain given recent studies., although he gets biscuit treats.

Smitty

Visit site
Mine has done very well for years on Sainsburys Hypoallergenic Complete. Its grain free, either lamb or chicken. 60% lamb/chicken. He has a funny tummy and is fine with this.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It took us ages and several false starts to settle the yellow Lab's digestive system, which has been a bit odd ever since puppyhood but went completely haywire last autumn. She is now thriving on Harrington's kibble and their wet food.

paisley

Visit site
Normally I would have recommended Angell Petco sensitive range, but sadly they have changed the recipe and it now include pea protein, an ingredient that my dog cant have :(

Going to trial Bentley's – Taste of the Ocean, and see how that goes. Ingredient wise, it looks like the best bet so far.

Clarabel

Visit site
The only food my dog can eat without causing stomach problems is Chappie original wet and hills zd dried,and I felt bad about this for a long time after trying lots of different things but she is thriving now and is in great health.

Moobli

Visit site
Another vote for Simpsons Premium. Both our working and pet dogs have been fed on it for years now and it is a really good food.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Burns. The only food that works for Sprollie. And he's not even on the Burns Sensitive, he's fine on their "Alert" low energy working dog food.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The only food my dog can eat without causing stomach problems is Chappie original wet and hills zd dried,and I felt bad about this for a long time after trying lots of different things but she is thriving now and is in great health.

I think whatever works although I confess I’m reluctant to give money to Hills/Science Plan/Purina unless I can find out for definite that theyve stopped using BHT/BHA. I debated Chappie, it does work wonders for settling icky bellies.

He's just sloppy! I’ve put him on Wainwright’s white fish and potato but he doesn’t seem keen. I’ve stopped all but the blandest treats. I’d far prefer plain raw but my usual supplier (Dog Food Company) has stopped trading. ?

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Burns. The only food that works for Sprollie. And he's not even on the Burns Sensitive, he's fine on their "Alert" low energy working dog food.

I saw Burns pork based kibble and nearly got that. I’m wondering whats making him loose: he‘s been on raw and turkey based kibble but the raw didn’t contain bone. Chicken feet has been his evening treat, that’s been stopped. It’s such a pain to gradually swap foods.

Last edited:

Odyssey

Visit site
I was going to suggest Autarky white fish or turkey with potato, but I see you don't want to feed grain free. Cold pressed Markus Muhle is very good, and has a high ratio of animal protein, it's an excellent food for the price, and comes out very well on allaboutdogfood.co.uk. Most dogs love it, too. The chicken variety comes in a mini or standard size kibble, the standard size chunks are pretty huge so are only really suitable for large dogs. Cold pressed kibbles are said to retain more nutrients, as they undergo less cooking. It's very dense so it looks deceptive, it needs weighing for accuracy or you could easily overfeed it by a lot.

Roxylola

Visit site
My spaniel can't have rice, and apparently that's more common than you'd think considering it's often advised for upset stomachs. She inevitably has "pudding" poop, took me ages to get to the bottom of it - I was feeding James Wellbeloved thinking I was giving her something decent. She was far better on much cheaper CSJ - I'd probably try their complete tripe or no grainer if I went back to kibble now

Clodagh

Visit site
I’m trying CSJ complete tripe next time. This time of year I go through all sorts, just as I think they shouldn’t eat the same manufacturer’s product all year. They are on Arden Grange at the moment (the cheap dogs, T is still on mwh). They look well but skinny.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I think he‘s very skinny, going thro his lanky growth puppy thing. He really isn’t keen on this fish kibble ?I might stick him back on the other stuff, he hunts through the new stuff for the original kibble.