Sensitive to loud nosies

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
My gsp has always been terrified of fireworks and storms, shakes and goes off to crate to hide. He is now 6 and up until recently settles by next day.

Since fireworks night and with all this constant storms he has become so jumpy at every slight noise and goes off. He never used to care up the yard but now if worried can go off hiding and shaking. I'm very worried about his behaviour.
The only thing to change is we had a new puppy last may which is unfazed and older dog which are both above him in the pecking order.

Tried thunder jacket but if its put on his starts to panic that something is going to happen, noise cd, anxiety tablets from vets but then wont eat for days.

Anyone had similar problem i know pointers are very sensitive dogs but he really unhappy.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Put a radio in his kennel tuned to Radio 1 and turn it up each day. I have that for my foals and they are not at all noise sensitive. Works for dogs too. I think you can also get background noise on disc.

MurphysMinder

Visit site

pippixox

Visit site
the only tip i have is to try and not react. luckily my dog is not very phased by fireworks (only got him october aged 2- just in time for firework season!) my friends dog used to wine slightly and they made such a fuss of it that it got more and more nervous :(
i know people who have used the CDs. when we had kittens we had the radio on, and always made loads of noises from a young age. first year they managed to get behind the fridge! but now 7 years old cat is not phased by fireworks, just gets a bit nervy in storms.