Serious HW turnouts

Nic

Visit site
Looking for a really butch TO rug for my clipped (well he will be) WB who lives out with access to shelter. So far the front runners are the WB Taka or Orican (2010 editions) as they have 1680 denier outers too.

Any others I should look at?

floradora09

Visit site
Mark Todd Heavyweight Deluxe Turnout, got mine off equestrian clearance for £114, seems to be a lush rug (although he's not worn it yet!) and has 420g fill- defo worth looking at :) xx

Silmarillion

Visit site
Rambo Supreme heavy? My lightweight Supreme feels pretty much indestructible. I haven't got much personal experience of them, but the Premier Equine rugs are a bit cheaper and seem pretty darned tough too.

LizzieJ

Visit site
Mine lives out fully clipped in her Fal Goliath :) Look at the fill weight - I think the weatherbeetas are lower than lots of others but it might have changed this year :)

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
another vote for the winter buster or storm buster from premier equine. 450g and so deep it comes down to her knees. all you can see is her tail, head and from the knees down. It is 3 years old and it looks like new. even if she rolls in the mud which she is partial to, as soon as it rains it all washes off.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Another Premier Equine fan, three of mine have the 1680D 450g turn outs, another has the Buster Trio, same 1680D rug with 100g fill then three additional under rugs that can be used to create various different weights along with two different weight detachable hoods. I have found the trio excellent and caters for all different seasons. Seems expensive at £220 but it is the only rug I have had to buy for that particular horse.

palomino_pony

Visit site
Rambo HW full neck (which is very good) My mare had this and a weatherbeeta ful neck under rug on in very cold spells last yr _ -10 degrees

If I was buying now I might consdier a Premier equine as they are less ££ and their service and postage is excellent. I think its free postage on orders over £100

Sneedy

Visit site
My chap is a complete wimp in the cold, he used to wear a MW Rhino Wug with Rambo Wug plus on top (in the depths of winter I hasten to add!!). But then I discovered the Rambo Duo, so when its proper cold he wears a 400g liner in the Duo which has 100g fill in the outshell, he comes in toasty warm and happy!! Think the layering helps to trap the warmth??

Premier Equine rugs are just as good IMO.....i actually use their Buster neck cover on my Duo as the Rambo one was stupidly small!!!

Mabel98

Visit site
Premier Equine rugs are just as good IMO.....i actually use their Buster neck cover on my Duo as the Rambo one was stupidly small!!![/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I was a Rambo addict but have been converted to PE recently!

not_with_it

Visit site
I have a rambo supreme and a shires stormcheeta combo for my mare. I love the supreme but its not very deep and so I switched to the shires which I am really impressed with.

I got mine brand new for around £90 so shop around

sam72431

Visit site
I like the shires, they do a 400g full neck turnout, do bear in mind though that shires is generously sized but i have had mine quite a few years and it looks good as new!

smorri

New User
Visit site
Bucas do a technical rug called power turnout extra - it has a superb temperature range as can give your horse protection from - 25 degrees to 13 degrees temperature, it has a anti bacterial wick away liner so he can be turned out even if he is sweaty and the rug will remove any moisture, the outer is a balistic nylon, so very tough and a 3 year guarentee, well worth s try! :)

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Def. Premier Equine. I've had a Winter Buster for 3 years now and its never leaked once. Horses are totally warm and cosy inside even in crappest weather.

They are a great fit too - never rub and coats are always silky and shiny underneath. Fab rugs.

Mrs B

Visit site
Another vote for Premier Equine. I used to be a Horseware gal, but converted about 3 years ago. Good quality, good fit and good price.