Seriously! Fleas!!!

Barefoot Endurance

Visit site
This is driving me mad!

I have 1 cat and 1 dog they have both been treated properly (frontline for the cat and practic on the dog) I have hoovered and sprayed my house with RIP Fleas from the vet.

But still I saw a flea on the cat! And the dog is scratching!

Do these products not work? I did apply the spot ons properly.

We have a small house so hoovering behind everything is tricky (lots if stuff!) but I'm going to today whatever it takes! (My husband is going to hate this!

Not had fleas here before, the dog is 3 and this is the first time :(

missmatch

Visit site
Advocate for dog and cat - Its the only thing that has worked for me this year. It is only available at the vets though but you could ask your vet for a prescription and buy online.
Use Indorex to spray the house - I but it on vetuk as its a good price and they deliver quickly x

ralph and maverick

Visit site
My parents have had a flea problem this summer, Dogs continuously scratching but after being bathed and combed through not a flea in sight, but they did have some "dirt" stuck in there coats, so they took the dirt to vet who said it was flea dirt.
Frontline combo prescribed and to spray the house and wash all bedding and toys at 60c.
They put all tots in pillow case and washed but when they emptied them out there were about 10 dead fleas and they had been living in the toys!
I might add that dogs were frontlined every monthb so they were rather shocked, the vet also has said that it has been one of the worst years for fleas she has ever known.

Good luck with eradicating them, they are such disgusting little critters!!

vieshot

Visit site
How on earth have they never had fleas in three years?! Do they not go out? I thought all dogs picked them up if they go out walking regularly? Hate fleas, yuck.

emma21

Visit site
My dogs have never had fleas, this is the first time. They get garlic though but I slacked on that and they got fleas! Big hairy dog is a nightmare to get rid of them...!

PucciNPoni

Visit site
How on earth have they never had fleas in three years?! Do they not go out? I thought all dogs picked them up if they go out walking regularly? Hate fleas, yuck.

Simply not true. My dogs don't seem to get them very often - generally only if they've been in my shop and somethign comes in infested. But some dogs seem to be more prone than others. Don't know why or how - but I have some people that tell me that their regularly walked dogs have never been treated for fleas and never had them (and I can vouch as I groom them regulary and would see them).

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Get rid of the cat.;) Haven't had a problem with fleas since I lost my old cat.:(

Frontline from the petshop is crap, the spray and spot on that you can only get from the vets still seem to work though.

I tend to use Advocate now or is it Advantage...................Hmmm can't remember it's the one that does worms too........

Last edited: