Service Charges- bringing in

nuttynugget

Visit site
Hi all,

The prices for our DIY livery services keep increasing and I was wondering what the average charge for bringing in was? This is just bringing in, no rug changes/feet hosed or picked or feeding.

Thanks,

Tempi

Visit site
I charge £3 for turnout or catch in - that includes feeding, picking out feet, rug changing, washing and towel drying legs and putting on/off any stable wraps/boots

Sorry just realised you said just for a catch in with no rug change etc, would charge £1/£1.50 depending on how far away the field was! We have one field that takes 20mins to do a catch in and one that's right by the yard.

scheherazade

Visit site
We pay £2.50 for bringing in and washing off legs. They will also do it at the time we ask (for instance in time for vet or lesson if required). Daughter's pony is often brought in for me FOC as she is in a field with one of the YO ponies so they bring them in together. I love my yard :)

Annagain

Visit site
My yard charges £1.50 each way. Fields no more than 50m from yard. Rug change if required but most of us leave them in their turnouts anyway.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Its more expensive when you are at home. If OH and I are on the same shift I am eternally grateful that a neighbour will come and fetch mine in, feet pick and rug change for £5.

L&M

Visit site
I also used to charge £1 - but sometimes ended up having to organise my whole day's activities around a livery who wanted a horse in for a certain time, so was definitely too cheap!

TwyfordM

Visit site
£1 - for bring in, rugs changed, legs hosed, feet picked out and fed in the evening :) my yard owner is a star! At my old yard it was £2 for her just to be bought in and chucked in her stable, rugs/feet charged extra on top. And they couldn't get near her with a hose!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Our yard charges £4.00! Although a girl on DIY does it as well for £1.50

If the yard owner or groom find out this they won't be very happy as the livery is taking their business & livelihood from them.

I believe that most yards are only charging a token amount to turnout or bring in. If you actually work out the time it takes to rug, boot up & turn out a horse & return to the yard & then work out the hourly rate they would charge more. Bringing in, rug change, remove boots, wash off legs, pick feet out again takes longer & certainly when the paddocks are quite a distance from the yards.

Anyone that is getting this service for £1- £1.50 a time is getting an extremely good deal.

chocolategirl

Visit site
Hi all,

The prices for our DIY livery services keep increasing and I was wondering what the average charge for bringing in was? This is just bringing in, no rug changes/feet hosed or picked or feeding.

Thanks,
£1.50 weekdays or £2 weekends/bank hols. Factored into this price though is my care, custody and control insurance. You really need to way up what the convenience and monetary cost to you is before you decide if you are getting a fair charge. I would be astonished if you are being charged more than it would cost you in fuel and convenience, I.e time taken. I find from experience many people become penny wise pound foolish when it comes to assisted DIY!

nuttynugget

Visit site
Thanks all for replying!

I am unable to bring in my horse due to work, I drop in on the way home to feed/pick out feet/rug change so am eagerly waiting for the evening to draw out!
I am currently being charged £3 a day, field takes 2 mins to walk to, horse is always waiting at the fence so really only a 5min job. If I wanted all of the above done it'd cost £6 a day. From the general feeling on this post I am being overcharged as I thought.