Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t.

druid

Visit site
Sparky is badly lame, non weight bearing on her right hind, lots of heat in the hock - vet is out at 8am. Please cross your fingers it's not a fracture
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

druid

Visit site
Sorry, she is only non-weigth bearing when standing still - she'll bear weight to walk (hobble). They're coming out 8am, they were happy enough that as she managed to walk several hundred yards to the stabling that she can wait and be seen in the morning?

druid

Visit site
I *don't* think it's a fracture as she's not too fussed about it being poked & prodded...that's just the worst case scenario
crazy.gif
sorry, should have been more clear in my original post

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Mmm, I still would want her seen tonight, I would want to know what I was dealing with sooner rather than later. But its your call as you have seen her and know her best.
I am just a real worrier and can imagine up all sorts of awful scenarios about the most mundane injuries!
blush.gif

Fingers crossed its nothing. x

druid

Visit site
Thanks - did re-read it and try and eidt but I was out of time
crazy.gif

Just rather worried as she has never been lame in 7 years I've owned her!!!

druid

Visit site
Christ...now I'm worrying that I should have insisted on the vet coming tonight
frown.gif
It's not "my" vet as he's off in Holland..was just refered to this practice by him
crazy.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
Oh god druid - am crossing all the fingers i have for you (may make it quite difficult to type but...)

hope she's ok - try not to stress too much...(easier said than done I know)

druid

Visit site
Honestly, Weezy, I don't think it is - if I thought I needed a vet now I would have insisted. I'm just doign the "imaging the worst possible outcome" bit

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Christ...now I'm worrying that I should have insisted on the vet coming tonight
frown.gif
It's not "my" vet as he's off in Holland..was just refered to this practice by him
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry did not mean to infect you with my paranoia, but I did warn you I was a worrier!
crazy.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Sorry, should read the whole thread before responding!!! Finger Xed it is something about nothing - you know what horses can be like, a little ouch and OMG MY LEG IS FALLING OFF
wink.gif

druid

Visit site
Lol, I thougth you had read the whole thread - she is a drama queen but I've never known her to be lame just foot sore when she pulls a front shoe
crazy.gif

Tia

Visit site
Have to say if Sparky was mine, I would want the vet out sooner - non-weight bearing, possible fracture.......

Hope that it isn't and that all is well in no time.

Edited to say: sorry hadn't read the thread, if she is bearing weight then possibly not a fracture. That's a bit of relief.

GTs

Visit site
It is hard to gauge lameness when you hear non-weight bearing and hobbling at the same time. There are 3 likely causes if she is truly 'non-weight bearing' that would be abscess (I think you could check for that), infected joint, and fracture. If I had the smallest concern that my horse had a fracture, and could not get the vet out, I would certainly ask about tying them up that night so they can not lie down.

I have seen many horses with broken limbs hobble, but then again I have seen many horses have nothing more then a bang and act like their leg is hanging off. Fingers are crossed - I would (if you are still awake) call the vet about tying her up - it is common practice to leave horses with fractures for a night before operating, and they are tied up.