Shadow (horse) & Piggles (shetland) - Churt, Surrey

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
Please can any1 keep an eye out for my horse and Shetland pony.
Stolen from Churt, Surrey ... on Friday night, 24 August 2012

Shadow, 15.2hh, dark bay gelding. 3 white socks, white star and small snip, has an obvious big white scar across the front of his neck. 15 years old.
(also known as Billy)

420098_3947431198933_493732082_n.jpg

574658_3947426998828_86302070_n.jpg

Piggles, black gelding. Shetland. 6 years old.
(also known as Little Stig)

376945_3947434279010_1966241882_n.jpg

They just vanished, alot of noise was heard late Friday night and when I went to feed them say morning, they were gone along with their rugs which were hanging just over fence near gate.

Any details at all would be really appreciated!

(notes - Have asked owner for police reference number to log with SHR)

horseymummy

Visit site
Just scanning through Dragon driving and the gelding that has a white scar on his neck triggered my memory - I am certain it is the same horse for sale under All Horses Latest adverts first on page 6 midway down. Really sorry but I dont know how to post a link
'15.3hh Ride and Drive Gelding' - the neck scar, white on withers and socks all look the same

Hope this is a lead and you get your boy backx

JustAnotherNeddy

Visit site
They're identical. The snip on the nose has been covered with some darkener but is still faintly visible. The sock on off fore match marking-wise and the near hind has the same little step up. Have taken down number incase it's gone before OP can see. Should we call police ect? :/

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
That has to be the same horse.

horse40044-2.jpg

15.3hh Ride and Drive Gelding
15.3h bay gelding, ride and drive. Lovely temperament. Driven on long distance drives.
Just come back in from 2 seasons of show jumping. Has cross country experience. Really good jumper.
Sound and ready for any discipline. For sale due to owner having to work abroad.
Price: £600 ono
Phone: 07435 874739
Email:

Last edited:

horseymummy

Visit site
I wondered whether he might have been for sale legitimately, when he was stolen, however the snip on his muzzle is missing on the Dragon Driving advert and definately looks blacked out which makes it look a little suspicious.

mightymammoth

Visit site
I wondered whether he might have been for sale legitimately, when he was stolen, however the snip on his muzzle is missing on the Dragon Driving advert and definately looks blacked out which makes it look a little suspicious.

well done in spotting that advert, you should be a detective!

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
I've messaged owner, owner's BF and owner's sister asking them to tell owner to come online ASAP

Next step would be owner to call police and inform horse found and request help in retrieving him ?

JustAnotherNeddy

Visit site
If it were my ned and it was a choice of act now or never, i'd have preferred someone contacting police for help, rather than leaving it till it's too late. Wish i was closer because i'd even go and buy him back for said owner right now at midnight! So close to retrieving a stolen horse. Hope all goes well and you all manage to reunite them Cally.

muckypony

Visit site
If that is the shetland it says its sold?? :(

Can you call the police and explain the situation? Has anyone tried enquiring about then/arranging a viewing? If it were mine I'd have to turn up with a trailer and an axe and hope for their sake I don't loose my temper! Lol.

How silly are those thieves to think that horsey people wouldn't have found their adverts! And seen the white scar!

Really hope they are both found safe and well, keep us updated! :)

horseymummy

Visit site
well done in spotting that advert, you should be a detective!

Thanks, but I just have a photographic memory - I knew I had seen the horse before because it was so distinctive and thought that I had seen it somewhere reported as stolen but couldnt for the life of me remember where- it took a lot of trawling through all the sites I might have visited over the last few weeks. The sad thing is I missed the advert on HHO twice.

Star_Chaser

Visit site
excellent that they have been found so pleased for all concerned. Does make you wonder though how many are stolen and not found because they have been sold on :(

We've been looking at ponies lately not brought one in 20 years wouldn't know what a passport looks like and I am sure we are not the only one returning to horses that would be in a similar situation.