Shagya Arabs

Withers

Visit site
I'm so sorry, I didn't realise anyone else had replied, I must need to change some forum settings. Thanks for your responses Hollycat, Rollin and Gardaine.

Rollin, Under Milkwood and Antigone are beautiful and congratulations on having Under Milkwood approved for the stud book there, that's fantastic. They both look like they have a nice nature too. You must be so proud!

Gardaine, thank you, Castille looks a really sweet baby. I'm sure someone will fall for her in no time at all.

I am hoping to buy in about a years' time once I've moved so just trying to do lots of research on how I will go about it. It sounds like there are some friendly people in France and Hungary though, so I feel much more reassured that it will be ok now!

Thanks again all, I will certainly take you up on your kind offers of help in future too!

Rollin

Visit site
Withers,

My husband who is a bit less hands-on horsey than me but loves to get involved, is helping translate articles for a new Shagya website. I must do a post when they are complete. Really interesting history.

(He is also on Council of CBHS)

Withers

Visit site
Withers,

My husband who is a bit less hands-on horsey than me but loves to get involved, is helping translate articles for a new Shagya website. I must do a post when they are complete. Really interesting history.

(He is also on Council of CBHS)

I look forward to reading those articles! Everything I read about Shagyas just makes me want to find out more. I remember being surprised when I first found out about the breed that the UK has no breeders. The cavalry history is interesting - brave (or very willing / trusting of their rider) horses. I often see them praised for their temperaments.