Share adverts - where?!

Redders

Visit site
Hello all, I’m looking for a sharer for my gorgeous girl. She is great for all RC activities, jumps, XC, dressage, hacks alone and company. I just dont have any time, new vet job and it’s all consuming. So, where do I advertise her? I thought FB, but my ads are getting rejected automatically thinking I’m selling, but I am definitely not. I’ve just done preloved, but is there anywhere else? I was thinking of contacting the local RC, and the university riding societies maybe?

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I'm a member of a couple of share/loan FB groups in Glasgow/Scotland and posts seem to come up all the time but it may be because they are posts in a group and not ads or on the marketplace? Worth a shot though - good horses get good responses. Otherwise, nowadays, I'd always ask who know who's horsey, going back to basics, so spreading the word that way might be a good idea too - although I'm sure you're already doing that.

Redders

Visit site
I’ve tried to put it on individual groups but in those groups the bar where you write says ‘what are you selling’ which then links not to marketplace! I’ll see if I can find any other groups specifically for shares.
maybe I should put it on my page and then share it to the groups, perhaps that will help!
thanks for your response and advice!

Cheval Gal

Visit site
There are share loan specific groups on Facebook, both national and local. Also, I'd perhaps speak to local riding school instructors as they are often able to recommend responsible sharers. The old way of putting a notice on the saddlery notice board, or advertising in Free Ads also works. Good luck, it is a bit of a mine field. Go with your gut and ensure the sharer has their own insurance.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I’ve tried to put it on individual groups but in those groups the bar where you write says ‘what are you selling’ which then links not to marketplace! I’ll see if I can find any other groups specifically for shares.
maybe I should put it on my page and then share it to the groups, perhaps that will help!
thanks for your response and advice!

Now I think more about it, it's probably the way the group is set up - the ones I'm in are community-type groups, not "for sale" groups so they're posts not ads. Hope you find someone soon!

Redders

Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. We had an amazing sharer which turned into a full loan type arrangement mother/teen daughter (I was at vet school and zero time) and they were wonderful, but I finished vet school and the rider was starting with university and her mum couldn’t justify keeping her just for her, which was fine with me as that was always the plan and I figured I would have loads of time now I had finished, but I am finding that is most definitely not the case with my new job! I’m paying someone currently to pick up the slack on riding, but really want to find someone who she can have a good partnership with - my previous sharer was wonderful. She is great for all activities and currently I’m only able to hack 1-2 times a week max. I’m in community type groups (or that’s what they seem to be) but there only seems to be an option to sell when I want to make a post. I’ll have a good search again and try other advert platforms.
I always stipulate rider has own insurance and always put an agreement contract in place - I’m risk averse like that! That’s why I’m paying someone currently even though I’ve had people offer to ride her, if I’m paying a pro then they are insured, a random person with no agreement in place is too much of a worry for me. She is a good girl but horses are horses and i don’t like taking risks with her or other people!

Redders

Visit site
Just waiting on the preloved ad to be approved. I haven’t used it since I was living in Bedfordshire so had to quickly change location - seeing as we are now on the Devon/Cornwall border!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Lots in our local equestrian fb pages.
Have a look at ads on Facebook and how they word them so they don't get accidentally picked up as a for sale ad. Don't put any prices in your ad or if you do insert it as a picture.

Splash2310

Visit site
If you’re local to one of the universities it might be worth seeing if they have a riding club you can advertise on. A lot of the riders join clubs because they can’t ride their own horses who are at home, so usually a fairly decent standard.

If you’re down on the Devon/Cornwall border you can get in touch with Exeter University Riding Club (my old riding club!). Pop that into Facebook and their page will come up or you could email riding.captain@exeter.ac.uk.

TheLankyRider

Visit site
It might be worth having a quick look through preloved 'wanted' ads posted by sharers. I posted a wanted ad when I was looking for a horse to share since I figured it would allow owners to work out whether I was suitable without having to get in touch initially. I personally don't like facebook for shares since I think you'll have to sift through a lot of 'interest' to find someone genuinely interested but that might just be my area.

Redders

Visit site
I hadn’t thought of looking at wanted adverts - such an obvious thing to do but my brain didn’t connect! I’ll have a look. I’ve managed to put it on one of the groups where it could be a discussion instead of a sale post, and had a few responses and tags. One of them was really near to the yard so she popped in to say hi, no riding because she has a concussion and black eye from a fall (university horse) last week and I didn’t have time to the whole show and do thing today so we had a good chat about what we like in horses and our ideals etc, plus she met my horse in the stable and saw her turned out in her herd. she is coming next weekend to try out, she enjoys lessons so I suggested her instructor come and see how they gel from the ground.
I just really want to find the right person for the horse, she is such a sweet mare that she deserves someone who will appreciate her as such.
I feel I may have set my price a bit low though - but having said that I think it’s fair and if someone is going to pay loads then they can probably afford their own on full livery so no point in pricing out of it, plus the human is more important to me than money! This person had been sharing and meant to be able to ride 5 days a week but the owner is always riding (her prerogative) so she is only able to ride once a week and is paying £70 a week (with chores), which I think is quite a lot, but maybe I’m out of touch!

JulesRules

Visit site
Sounds promising!
I only ask my sharer for £30 a month to ride 2 days a week. It's not about the money for me, just for Smudge to get ridden as I don't have enough time to exercise both of mine. I prefer to ask for something rather than nothing purely as i find people who are paying are more committed.