share agreements

Ibblebibble

Visit site
how many of you with sharers have a written agreement and what sort of thing do you have in it? I want to get one written up for the sharer of daughters pony after i found her friend riding yesterday in shorts and trainers, and yes, I probably should have done it before but hey ho, I didn't!
Also how do you word it when it is a child riding, I know effectively the agreement is with her parents as she is too young so would I describe her as 'The rider' rather than 'the sharer'?

SpringArising

Visit site
how many of you with sharers have a written agreement and what sort of thing do you have in it? I want to get one written up for the sharer of daughters pony after i found her friend riding yesterday in shorts and trainers, and yes, I probably should have done it before but hey ho, I didn't!
Also how do you word it when it is a child riding, I know effectively the agreement is with her parents as she is too young so would I describe her as 'The rider' rather than 'the sharer'?

You describe her as the sharer.

I've never mentioned what they need to wear as it sounds a bit controlling IMO, but I have always stated that approved hard hats are to be worn at all times when riding, and that they are not to ride bareback.

If you have an issue with her riding in shorts and trainers, I would have a kind word with the child and the parents.

As long as she has insurance (both personal and third party) you should be OK.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
it was not the sharer riding in shorts and trainers, it was a friend of hers who i have not given permission to ride my daughters pony. If the sharer wants to wear shorts then she can crack on, her legs that will get pinched, as for trainers, the sharers parents always make sure she has proper boots on.

Wiz201

Visit site
I don't have a written agreement as such, I've bought my own rider insurance and obviously wear the right clothing and equipment. Generally we just keep in contact with each other and we arrange a time to ride weekly at the moment until I know what my job situation is like. If I was to offer a ride to a friend, I would ask the owner's permission first.

SpringArising

Visit site
it was not the sharer riding in shorts and trainers, it was a friend of hers who i have not given permission to ride my daughters pony. If the sharer wants to wear shorts then she can crack on, her legs that will get pinched, as for trainers, the sharers parents always make sure she has proper boots on.

Ah, apologies. I misread that. I would be extremely angry if someone who wasn't the sharer rocked up to ride without asking me first.