Share My Horse - App In Development...

patchypony

Visit site
Hello you lovely lot, looking for some feedback/ideas..

A fair few years ago after trying (and failing) to find a share horse I wanted to develop something that was easier than scrolling through social media posts. I have an app under development at the moment, I am just trying to advertise it a bit more! If you are interested I would be hugely grateful if you could give me some ideas on what you would want to see. Features that the app will have:
- Verification of owners/riders
- Detailed 'offerings' (what they want for their horse)
- Templates/checklists for sharing/putting your horse out for share (insurance, things to look for, contracts etc)

It's only aimed at sharing for the moment!

www.sharemypony.co.uk
@sharemypony on instagram

Thanks!

Widgeon

Visit site
If I use your app will I look like the woman in the picture? :D

I like the idea, I found my share through Facebook, but Facebook comes with all its own problems, not least that not everyone is willing to use it. I guess this is a bit like a dating site for owners and sharers? I think the templates / checklists is a good idea, plus anything that encourages a detailed and accurate advert is helpful. If you have to fill in certain fields then that will ensure important things (like will it hack alone and in company, etc.) don't get missed out. Profiles for potential sharers sounds good too, it would help owners weed out dreamers and the hopelessly unsuitable.

patchypony

Visit site
If I use your app will I look like the woman in the picture? :D

I like the idea, I found my share through Facebook, but Facebook comes with all its own problems, not least that not everyone is willing to use it. I guess this is a bit like a dating site for owners and sharers? I think the templates / checklists is a good idea, plus anything that encourages a detailed and accurate advert is helpful. If you have to fill in certain fields then that will ensure important things (like will it hack alone and in company, etc.) don't get missed out. Profiles for potential sharers sounds good too, it would help owners weed out dreamers and the hopelessly unsuitable.

Thanks for the feedback! These are all things that are really important to include :)

Lintel

Visit site
Great idea! .... the perfect depiction of the woman would put me off right enough lol! Maybe someone knee high in mud with their 10 year old torn dublin boots on?

Nasicus

Visit site
Agreed on changing the photo. Quite off putting to the majority of regular riders and sharers, and might attract pervs getting the wrong idea about 'sharing' :eek:

I'd rather see some regular people, riding ponies, looking happy and like they're having fun, not like they're running an equestrian dominatrix service ;)

CJoe

Visit site
bad pic!!! looks very amateur would get a good grass roots mucky type pic of something that knows what they are doing lol, as a starter...

patchypony

Visit site
Agreed on changing the photo. Quite off putting to the majority of regular riders and sharers, and might attract pervs getting the wrong idea about 'sharing' :eek:

I'd rather see some regular people, riding ponies, looking happy and like they're having fun, not like they're running an equestrian dominatrix service ;)

Haha 'equestrian dominatrix service' - image has been changed :)

pippixox

Visit site
I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to see the original picture 😂

I agree with options to be able to browse for both potential sharer and horse/owner without having to give all details (obviously not being able to contact or see address without registering) as then you can have a good nosey!

Good idea in principle
As others have said: make info clear for horses abilities and share options like days/times/cost and also a sharer wanted add where people could put their profiles up with their experience to attract owners with horses. As personally this could tempt people who are thinking about putting their horse up for sharing but want to see who is out there

Jasper151

Visit site
The only thing I would suggest at present is to have somewhere to state what you will do the the email address if you subscribe. When up and running, ensure peoples data is secure - especially if you are asking them to provide proof of address etc.

kc921

Visit site
Potential sharers can be verified by uploading proof of address to prove who they say they are.
Would that data be visible to all potential sharers? I'm looking for a sharer but I wouldn't want them to know my address and the location of my horse before I had a chance to talk with them, etc.

Fantastic idea though!