Sharers AGAIN.... How do you tactfully say no?!

chickeninabun

www.wix.com
Sorry to continue the Sharer overload we're having today but... How do you tactfully say that someone is rubbish/can't ride/you don't like them etc???

I am dreadful at saying anything that might offend someone, so I usual let people walk all over me. I don't want that to happen with my beautiful mare, so how can I be polite but to the point?!:confused:

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Thanks for coming and I have other people to see and will be in touch, then a text saying sorry someone else suited us better.

Beausmate

Visit site
"Thank you for coming up to try out X, you seem like a lovely person but I'm afraid you and X don't make a great match. Some horses just don't get on with some people-funny, isn't it! So I'm sorry to say it's just not going to work out. Once again thank you for coming, good luck with you horse hunting. Bye!!":D

Or........Don't call us..we'll call you.

We'll let you know..

Sorry you weren't successful this time, however your application will be kept on file and should a vacancy arise, you'll be the last to know.

Last edited:

cyberhorse

Visit site
"I have a few people interested so I am going see who suits *horses name* best, and then get back to everyone in due course."

I would then always reply to each one and say that you have found a sharer but thank you for coming to see us.

However if you know someone already then be more upfront as you'll know if you want them sharing so don't waste their time. I usually say I don't think you'll get on with him as he can be sharp and I don't want him ruining your confidence or injuring you.

111ex111

Visit site
I would rather someone tell me they dont think im right for their horse rather than just go along with it! just text and say you found someone who is more suitable

Godknows

Visit site
"I have a few people interested so I am going see who suits *horses name* best, and then get back to everyone in due course."

I would then always reply to each one and say that you have found a sharer but thank you for coming to see us.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

BackRidingAgain

Visit site
I'd say this:

But, I'd do it on the telephone before the rider even says yes, they would still like a trial ride, then at least they are not arriving on false pretences. Perhaps even give folks a date - say in about 3 weeks time that you will let them know by at the telephone interview.