Sharing horses!!!

horseygal18

Visit site
I am looking to buy another horse at the moment however I already have one. I have already decided that I would get a sharer 2/3 days a week for the new one however because I've never shared before I don't know what a fair price is, I was thinking £30/£35 per week as they would also have the chance to compete with travel provided by us. What do you guys think? The horse I am looking at buying is 15.2 and has previously done a bit of hunting, show jumping and XC but would excel in dressage too! What are people's opinions of sharing? Obviously I don't want my horse ruined! Thanks in advanced

holzrokz

Visit site
I'm a sharer and pay £20 per week for 2 days, horse on full livery. Previous to that payed £30 per week for 2 days when she was closer to me and in a more expensive livery yard but owner dropped price as I now have a long commute to ride her.
I think price depends on how much your livery is, what type it is, whether they will do chores etc. The fact that you are offering an oppertunity to compete will be a huge bonus! I think a lot of people add up all their costs for the year (i.e. shoes, livery, feed, hay, worming, checks etc) and divide by 52 to see how much it costs per week and then divide again by number of days horse will be ridden per week.
Sounds like it will be a lovely horse for someone to ride! :)