Sharing some happy vibes!

05jackd

Visit site
We all know the weather has been rubbish and I though it might be nice for us all to share some good news and vibes.

Today I took my pony to an a clinic and she was just great. Having not ridden much over the winter she just got on with the job and gave a great ride. Despite youngsters in the group going a bit mad she never blinked and was an utter professional. Led nervous ponies over everything and loaded up in the snow ready for home. This is a little pony I broke in myself and today really hit home how far we have come.

So look past the hard times. The snow, the rain.... the flooding. Share the good vibes - what have you achieved recently?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Well done pony! You must be very proud of her :)

No riding achievements for me recently as I haven't been well. I did go to my first mechanical horse riding lesson a few weeks ago (feels like forever) and signed up to write for BD Winter Area Festival next month so that's a bit different to the unaff. I've been writing for the last few months and I'm looking forward to it.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Pony is just super cool and loves his main 'job' of exploring, which makes me super happy. He's happy to head out for hours hacking in all weathers on his own mainly - come rain, wind or shine and anything inbetween. Will hang around at pub or picnic stops but will also pick up the faster gears very happily when asked (or not asked 🤣). Makes me v.happy!

Last edited:

Peglo

Visit site
I’ve had a break from riding and I’m pretty happy about that with the weather. (I can’t wait to get back on Tali) But my friend is moving back home so me and Tali will have a hacking buddy which she will be so happy about (and seeing her happy to get out makes me so happy) and I feel so optimistic about starting ground work stuff with the big one this year. I just feel so happy with the girls going into the new year and hoping we can have a lot of fun.

So absolutely nothing to report other than loving my girls 😂

Highmileagecob

Visit site
Aw that's so good to read! My soon to be 29y.o. has gone out with the herd as usual this weekend, rounded up the mares and boxed them in, and wouldn't let the bossy gelding who thinks he is now in charge anywhere near them. It was nice to see him standing his ground with Oh, so you think I'm past it do you?' written all over his face!

Ruftys mum

Visit site
Honestly I think any horse folk maintaining a basic level of will to live at the moment are achieving a huge amount with the relentlessly awful weather!
I drove home last night from Gawsworth to Wilmslow and a large part of the road was flooded. It was so bad at one point my car nearly stopped This was an A road. I have never known it to be so bad Luckily Rufty is on retirement livery so someone else has to take the strain

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Nearly every day that I am at the yard someone comments on how well mannered, or 'obedient' (not the right word as we work together but you get my drift) or otherwise pleasant Dex is to deal with and it makes my heart sing. He is a wonderful horse, with a fantastic brain, but it's nice to know that we have gelled well and I have formed him into a nice horse from the practically untouched, just-turned-3yo-the-day-before little thing that barged off the lorry from Ireland.