Shavings fork for a bad back!!!

punk

Visit site
OK - have tried in Stable Management, but wondered if anyone in here could remember a post about a shavings fork for people with bad backs!

I remember reading about it on this forum and thought what a good idea it was - about a year ago.

I didn't need it then - but REALLY do now!!! It had an angled handle, with two projecting hand holds, so that you didn't have to bend and twist.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction, as it is killing me to muck out at the moment!
frown.gif

Chestnutmare

Visit site
have no idea about that one, but the one i find most comfortable is the plastic ones with the D handle...i'm tall and suffer with bad back 99.9% of the time after prolapsing my disc a few years ago so I also struggle the slightest of movements.

I would be interested too though if anyone can remember it?..

but yes so far its the plastic ones with D handle that are best for me at the moment.

punk

Visit site
Think I have found it!!!!!!!!!! After an exhausting search on Google.
Link http://www.lite-lift.com/ (hope this isn't seen as advertising as I have not even contacted them yet, or used one so don't know if they are any good!)
Hope they are still in business - will report back once I have tried one!
grin.gif

brightmount

Visit site
Yes that's it, I remember something about it some time ago. I'll be interested in what you think of it, to me it looks kak-handed, though I can see you might not have to bend so far.

I use the bog-standard Future Fork with deep litter Aubiose, so most of the time it's just a 5-minute poo picking job a day. Deep litter is the way to go when you have a bad back, you can always bribe a fit youngster with free rides to do the occasional full muck out of the wet base layer!

chaps89

Visit site
Try fynalite.co.uk. We have one of their standard shavings forks & one of their super-lite forks. It's not child sized which most 'lightweight' forks seem to be and is actually alot lighter than the original.
smile.gif