Shavings fork

Shavings

Visit site
Morning all!
So I have a metal mucking out fork but with the weight of it my arm really isn’t comfortable (broke my elbow last year)
So a friend has traded me some hoof suppilment (Chance wouldn’t eat) for her lovely plastic fork, it’s got pink and purple teeth and is super light, mucked out last night and this morning witn it, no arm pain! Yay!!

Any way she told me some times the teeth can shape, and you can buy replacement ones, there is no label on the fork to tell me the brand and a quick google turned up nothing

any one know where I can get spare teeth? Want to get some so in the depths of winter if I snapped one it’s an easy fix

the fork in question has a long black handle with a foam grip half way down, the teeth are purple and pink

thank you every one

dogatemysalad

Visit site
No idea about replacement parts, but I suffered with shoulder pain until I bought a super light plastic shavings fork. I thought it would be too flimsy and that the prongs would snap, but 5 years later, it's still fine. It's actually tougher than my metal ones. Don't know what make it is though.

HashRouge

Visit site
Does your friend know the brand?

If I was mucking out again (the joys of grass livery!) I would only consider a future fork but that doesn't sound like what you've got as the don't have the long black handle or a foam grip.

Myloubylou

Visit site
if you are after a good lightweight fork I’d get a future fork, they cost £35 ish but have had mine at least 12 years and still as new. Well if you washed the poo off. It’s aluminium with plastic tines

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I was going to say the Noble Outfitter Equestrian Wave fork is your best bet, I have one (though stupid black and red not purple and pink :(), lovely to muck out with!

Last edited:

eggs

Visit site
Another vote for the future fork. I didn't really get on with the wave fork but if you are already happy with it then stick with it.