She has a Name

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
This is for everyone who took the time to help me find a name for my new mare.

I promised that I would reveal her name but before I do I have a few other things to say.

Thank you to all who replied. I have not have chosen any of the names you suggested but everyone helped by either eliminating or adding to my list of names.

There were many I liked but did not seem suitable for her.

For example Erin, Teagan, Rowan, Wren, Esme and Talice

So, this is how I found a name……

blodwyn1 suggested Mayday because of the 3 spots i.e. s.o.s. Which led me to Morse Code and on to Codey. Having checked with Google that Codey could be a girl ( and it can ) I had found a stable name.

However I had thought to give the mare a fancy name too. I really liked Talice, thank you OrangeandLemon but felt it did not suit. I looked up it’s meaning and found it was possibly a Native American Indian name which then of course links to Paint horses. While reading about this I discovered Dakota was also called Dakoda which links to Codey. So I had found a Passport name.

So in spite of unknown breeding, I introduce Dakoda, who when she learns it, will I hope, answer to Codey.

I had thought to have a naming ceremony but perhaps that is carrying things a little too far!

This announcement will do instead.

All I have to do now is inform the passport people and pay the money!

Thank you again, everyone.

blodwyn1

Visit site
I feel like I have won! Typically a contest without a prize! Have a lovely time with Codey I hope she learns her name quickly.