SHEATH CLEANING

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
I'm of the school that says if there isn't a veterinary reason why you need to clean your boy's sheath, then don't! You can end up with more trouble than you started with if you're not careful as the washing strips all the good bacteria away and allows the bad ones to proliferate. Having said that, I remember a discussion on the yard a few years ago and we were debating sure-fire ways to get our boys to drop their penises out and my friend said, I find taking my top off usually works. Ha ha, have you tried that???

Wundahorse

Visit site
Ha ha i might try that if only i was 20 years younger but fear any such action may send poor WB into a quick reverse and escape.He is a little bit flakey around his delicate manhood and methinks he is not attending to his personal hygiene.Typical man.

Jazzy B

Visit site
I have a similar problem the minute he sees the potential willy cleaning bucket and rubber gloves, in it goes! So I'm now with Box_of_Frogs on this one and just going to leave it well alone, if it was meant to be cleaned it would be on the outside.

I know a few people that squirt baby oil at theirs when they drop them out but I'm really not sure about this one - result is a very clean willy though!

PrillyD

Visit site
Our vets use a teeny weeny amount of hibiscrub in a bucket of warm water to clean it with, and they used this method of 2 finger circular rubbing technique onthe side of the tail to 'relax' the horse? God that sounds wrong...:rolleyes:

Gucci_b

Visit site
A syringe full of sheath cleaner works wonders, for the not so obliging horse ;-) you can even stand behind the fence line, give him a good scratch on the bum and bingo.... he doesn't know what just happend, lol and your still in one piece :)

My bambinos

Visit site
my horse doesnt get a dirty willy he just gets a dirty greasy sheath (so when he lies down it leaved greasy patches on the inside of his legs) which he has no problem with me cleaning :rolleyes:

I was advised by a vet to only ever use water as you will upset the natural bacteria

SNORKEY

Visit site
I need to do my boys as well. He always has it out but being heavily pregnant I don't want to get kicked so I think il squirt some baby oil on it. It does work well and all the bits fall off! Just dont do it on a hot sunny day!

sydney

Visit site
Not something I've had to do until recently, but as horses hind legs and sheath were dirty with willy cheese I had little choice.

Enlisted OH to hold him with plenty of edible distractions. Used KY jelly and gloves and basically just quietly went up and quickly pulled off as many chods as I could.

He wasn't particularly amused but had to be done.

Joanna710

Visit site
I have the same issue as broke-but-happy... The first time I tried to clean my gelding's smelly sheath there were back legs launching out at all angles. Now he is more than happy to flop it out as soon as I get started. I use surgical gloves and baby oil. Once he knows what I'm doing he becomes most obliging :p

I know sheath cleaning is not always recommended but I find my horse gets really yucky back legs and gets itchy if I don't do it. A little splash of baby oil gel works wonders :)

NooNoo59

Visit site
my appy kicked very hard on the thigh when i tried to do his!! I am off the school that bits that are hidden away look after themselves. Was going to do it when he was doped to have a tooth sorted but forgot so i am leaving well alone!

Wundahorse

Visit site
Perhaps i can market it to the French as a new type of cheese,and i don't think they would notice.Also tried and tested on dogs with no observable or reported adverse reactions.Might make a fortune here.