Sheath cleaning

gnubee

Visit site
I currently have no use for your service, but I can imagine people might be interested. Perhaps they would be more prepared to call you out if you offered other services as well though--maybe clipping or something.

Also, I would consider altering the image of your website to reflect your business. Palm trees just don't say sheath cleaning in Scotland to me...

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Seems quite expensive really for what is a pretty simple and non time consuming job. I would not use the service myself if it was local to me as I would much rather do it myself as the horse's are familiar with me and I'm not sure would appreciate a stranger handling their bits.
Caroline

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Forgot to say good luck with it though as I would imagine some people may like the idea of not having to clean the bits themselves.
All the best
smile.gif

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
Haha, I reckon quite a few people might be interested
wink.gif

I agree that you should offer other services too, though. Perhaps a full groom, mane/tail pulling, trimming, clipping... That sort of thing
smile.gif

Accy

Visit site
Sorry not a service i would use, as i belive in keeping my horse happy and dont htink he would like having someone he didnt know poke around down there, but wish you all the best with this

tremorfa

Visit site
I agree with most of the above. I would not use the service. It's actually not a lot of hassle to clean a sheath, but I suppose some people might be squeamish. Seems expensive, though!
blush.gif

K9Wendy

Visit site
I can just imagine the nick names you will get, the willy woman, the willy washer, etc! Not in a nasty way just a fun way, I'd be saying, oh I must get the willy washer out!!! Oh by the way I don't have geldings, and my mare more than happy for me to pick!

custard

Visit site
I've got to say I hate doing it and often joked how I would gladly pay for it but I think you will get enquiries you hadn't bargained for with this one, sorry!!

donny

New User
www.equinecleansing.co.uk
Many thanks to everyone who's looked and replied here. I'll try to answer some of your messages here:

My main reason for initially doing this was to make a few extra pounds to pay for my horse although my ambitions have kinda grew a little since then. I already have a full time job and earn about 25K so i'm not looking to make a living out of it.

Many people will prefer to do this job themselves, i certainly always have. what i'd like to offer is a service to those who dont want to or cant do it or dont really know what to do.

I did do a lot of thinking about prices and wanted to keep things simple so the prices also take travelling into account as well as the cost of materials. Personally i think its a fair price and the customers i've had so far were very happy with it.

Some vets do say not to touch but i disagree (obviously haha). What i do agree with though is not overdoing it, i have known people who do it fortnightly which is waaaaay too much.
I cleaned my own horse recently and the difference in him on the whole has been staggering! He is so much more relaxed in general now. i can do things without fuss, i can ride him without tantrums and even the bucking appears to have stopped!

Gnubee - The palm trees should go soon hehe, the freewebs site is only temporary as i'm in the process of designing a new site at the mo
smile.gif

Thanks again everyone for your comments.