She's critically ill and I'm scared stiff!!

cblover

Visit site
I'm overwhelmed with all your support, but not at all surprised cos I know how great you all are and I've reached out for support in the past and never been disappointed.

The sherry bottle is empty and the peach schnapps is heading the same way, I just hate this day so much I want it over. The sick feeling in my stomach, I feel, will never leave me.

What I am relieved about is the fact that she didn't have botulism, cos the vet did think it was that at first. If that had been the case, I'd never of put another horse on my land again as my vet did say it can be in the soil. Plus he also said it was nothing to do with the fact she was a clydesdale.....she was just a dreadfully unlucky horse. For that I'm great flu too because I'm in love with the breed.

KrujaaLass

Visit site
Clover. I feel so sorry fir you. My cat died this afternoon and that's what I did, opened bottle of wine. My grand children's pony was poorly and put down last year at nine year old. Just remember that they had a lovely home while they were here with us. Xx

Sandy200

Visit site
So sorry, just left work and checked in to see your sad news. Hope there is something else left in the cupboard after the peach schnapps!

Tobiano

Visit site
oh my goodness cblover i am so terribly sorry to see this - only just seen. What a tragedy for you and your lovely horse, and what a harrowing and painful experience for you to go through. There are no words. I lost my 4 YO last year and I know the shock and disbelief you will be going through. Sending you all my sympathy x x x

RoyalSapphire

Visit site
I'm overwhelmed with all your support, but not at all surprised cos I know how great you all are and I've reached out for support in the past and never been disappointed.

The sherry bottle is empty and the peach schnapps is heading the same way, I just hate this day so much I want it over. The sick feeling in my stomach, I feel, will never leave me.

What I am relieved about is the fact that she didn't have botulism, cos the vet did think it was that at first. If that had been the case, I'd never of put another horse on my land again as my vet did say it can be in the soil. Plus he also said it was nothing to do with the fact she was a clydesdale.....she was just a dreadfully unlucky horse. For that I'm great flu too because I'm in love with the breed.

im soo sorry for your lose i lost mine in november and it was so aweful. do you know what it was in the end? hugs. RIP xxxx

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Only just seen this - I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm another who's lost 2 young horses in the space of 6 months. It's almost unbearable - but you WILL get through it. Sending you cyber hugs and all strength for the coming days/weeks x

LadyGascoyne

Visit site

I'm just so sorry cblover, I was thinking of you and Mary so much and when I woke up this morning (NZ time) this was the first thing I checked. I was so hoping to hear better news.

I loved your photos of her, she had such a presence. You could see how gentle and sweet she was, even from the photos.

I agree with you about the wonderful support here; I've experienced it myself. I suppose we are all part of the same 'herd', in the end. A strange little herd of people from all over the world, all dusty and muddy, covered in hay, routinely broke, often heartbroken and yet so incredibly lucky to have our four- legged companions in our lives, however briefly.

RIP Mary.

Nari

Visit site
I'm so sorry cblover, like everyone else I'd been wishing for a better ending.

Lots of love to you & your husband, I'll be thinking of you x

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I am so, so sorry. I logged on to see if there was any news. I really hoped she was continuing to rally round. Please don't beat yourself up, you did everything you could, and more.

We lost 2 within 4 months of each other last year. It's devastating and it hurts like hell.

Sending you massive hugs. RIP Mary, run free. xx

wyrdsister

Visit site
Oh no :-( So sorry to read this. Know all too well the feeling of disbelief and devastation that goes with multiple losses in the same short span. Schnapps, chocolate & cuddles are essential. RIP to your handsome girl x

Greylegs

Visit site
I'm just so sorry cblover, I was thinking of you and Mary so much and when I woke up this morning (NZ time) this was the first thing I checked. I was so hoping to hear better news.

I loved your photos of her, she had such a presence. You could see how gentle and sweet she was, even from the photos.

I agree with you about the wonderful support here; I've experienced it myself. I suppose we are all part of the same 'herd', in the end. A strange little herd of people from all over the world, all dusty and muddy, covered in hay, routinely broke, often heartbroken and yet so incredibly lucky to have our four- legged companions in our lives, however briefly.

RIP Mary.

Just popped back in to say that this is a really lovely post, and a wonderful sentiment.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I am so sorry, you are clearly a fantastically caring and kind owner. Despite the dreadful ending, I'm sure Mary counted her lucky stars for the time she had with you

Equi

Visit site
I just want to give you a big cuddle and join you in the sherry/schnapps. I have a beer though, so raising it to your lovely girl.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I'm crying for you, I know how hard it is to lose one, but two just seems so ruddy unfair. Big, big hugs. I don't blame you for resorting to the bottle. You poor girl. :(

DappleGreyDaydreamer

Visit site
I'm crying myself, having read this... absolutely devastated for you. Can't believe what the two of you must have gone through, and wishing you can pull it together soon - although believe me, I know it's easier said than done. Make sure you get plenty of chocolate, warm tea and hugs along the road of healing <3 Your mare was lucky to have you for a friend. You've been through so much, sending prayers for your heart and raising my glass to Mary tonight.

mungasmum

Visit site
Last time I checked this thread was this morning and was hoping she was turning a corner, so sorry to be reading what's happened.

I hope the Snapps has worked on you and you're getting some rest.

RIP beautiful Mary xx