She's Gone

Cedars

Visit site
Took my darling Puzzle back to the farm today.

I'm absolutely heartbroken but she travelled lovely and settled straight away - she didn't even look up as we left. A couple of the youngsters from the set she came in with are also back, so after her 48 hours isolation she'll be back out with old friends. They'll rehome her after they finish the backing process.

Our yard feels horrid, we've gone from 4 to 2 this week, it is horribly quiet and sad :( the boys left behind are being quiet too which isn't helping. Will take a few days away from the place as all I'm doing is crying there today.

No point to this post, I'm just so sad.

She's gone from this:

DA9351D3-7631-403A-9859-EBB3E29DE83B-916-00000058499653B1_zps8d2c4e66.jpg

...to this:

EC18E596-A008-464C-8372-2B192DBE0AF5-916-0000005856E296E2_zps53e2405f.jpg

...with me and I am so proud of all she's learned and achieved. She's taught me everything I know about horses! We've tripped and fumbled along the way but she's now a beautifully mannered 4 year old, ready to go and with the world more open to her now than it can be with me right now.

Have an amazing life, my best friend x

meandmyself

Visit site
You should be proud of yourself. You've given her a cracking start which is the best gift you can give a horse. {{hugs}}

Cedars

Visit site
Thank you. Hiding in the bath at the moment, meant to be going to a BBQ later but :/

Worried she'll think I've abandoned her.

HazyXmas

Visit site
She looks lovely. Well done to you for giving her such a great start in life. I'm sure once she's broken, she'll find a fabulous home doing lots of fun things.

Chin up. Get yourself ready & go enjoy the BBQ :)

rema

Visit site
Wow you really turned her into a super looking horse..I don't know the reasons behind you returning her but you should be proud of your self..You took on a scrap and returned a beauty..

Cedars

Visit site
Thanks guys. Avoided the yard tonight as it's too quiet without her and madam. With the girls gone, it's lost some soul!

Am incredibly proud of all she's turned into. She's a cracking young horse now.

Adopter

Visit site
Think you said she belongs to a charity so you know she will always have a good home. It does not help the pain of losing her now but I do hope over time you will find comfort from the knowledge that you gave her a great start and she will always live with people who will have to be approved by the charity.

Sending hugs

Cedars

Visit site
Well I've been brave and done a little bit on the yard tonight. Feels totally odd without her. The two remaining horses seem to be grieving a little, I suppose it is weird for them to lose two in a week too.

Thinking about booking a hack this weekend, unless I do it soon I don't suppose I'll ever get back on. Need to grab the proverbial bull.

Looking at our last day together today, she makes me laugh, she's so naughty in so many photos! It's her character that makes it feel so empty here now.

snowstormII

Visit site
Not sure of circumstances of her having to move on but speaking as someone who lost her horse of a lifetime a year ago ( pts after broke leg in field)I would say never to ignore that connection. You don't know when you will ever feel it again.

Cedars

Visit site
No it's not - she's a charity horse so she's gone back to the charity who will rehome her - not sell.