Shetland People

aajk

Visit site
I’ve tried the usual selling sites and a few studs to no avail. I can’t seem to find a list of studs on the spsbs website but could well have missed it. Any suggestions on studs to try, ideally close to NE Scotland but I can travel.

This is what I’m after if anyone knows of a pony for sale 🤞🏼

Standard, ideally full up
3+
Pref. gelding but open to a mare
Ideally not black

Will be a child’s best friend so temperament must be suitable.

Visit site
I know of a 3yo chestnut gelding in ayrshire!

Clothie are up that way Lynmore. A few more will come to me i am sure! But I cant think of ones that arent blavk lol

aajk

Visit site
I know of a 3yo chestnut gelding in ayrshire!

Clothie are up that way Lynmore. A few more will come to me i am sure! But I cant think of ones that arent blavk lol

Ooh, is the pony advertised, sounds promising?

Already tried Clothie, they don’t have anything old enough unfortunately. Non black would be a bonus but not essential, a good pony isn’t a bad colour or however the saying goes!

DD

Visit site
there are 3 Shetland ponies free to a good home they don't all have to go together, the ad is on facebook somewhere in the north east or south Scotland I think. will try to find the advert

Visit site
https://shetland-pony.com

There are a couple of nice Studs in Orkney - Milquoy etc if you dont mind hopping over.

Dryfesdale in Ayrshire have some nice ponies too. I'm not sure if Almondell will have anything but there is no harm in asking.

I will go hook out the fb link for studs in Scotland.

There is also the North of Scotland Shetland Pony Group- might be worth dropping them a message.

Warrackston - Ian Spence & Sue Pye are up by Aberdeen and may have something- might need gelded but they have ponies based on old Southley & Hutton lines.

Last edited: