Shetland/small ponies pairs carriage for weddings?

shelley8697

Visit site
Do you think there would be a market for doing weddings and special occasions with a shetland pair or small ponies pair and a nice carriage???? If so, what would you be prepared to pay?

I am thinking of putting my new project to work to help pay for their keep! LOL

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
I should think there would be a market, I have a donkey I am breaking to drive and I've already had lots of people ask about hiring us!

One big drawback though - INSURANCE :eek:

I haven't looked into it but no doubt massive cover would be required as always when animals and the public are concerned...

LisW

Visit site
Insurance is the killer for this. We have a lovely pair of palominos & carriage - but can't because of the insurance.

Yertis

Visit site
Would look good, (we have a mini shetland pair) but you need to have 2 pairs (4 ponies) at least if going into business, bride wouldn't be very happy if you had to call it off due to lameness. Insurance is high, not just for risks but also the potential of ruining the day if you can't do it for some reason - transport failure, carriage breakdown, illness, quarantine (strangles outbreak) etc.

baran

Visit site
Also need to think about weight limits. Friends had to quickly and tactfully switch to horse team when 7 stone bride turned up with 23 stone groom. No way small ponies could have coped.