Shetlands abandoned in kirby Muxloe

zip

Visit site
Hi I hope you can help. There are two shetlands that appear to be abandoned in a field near to me. The field has so much ragwort in it that there is not much grazing space and the waterbath has not been touched in weeks. Its quite near to the motorway so I struggle to pull in to have a proper look but intend to tomorrow morning. I will check their feet etc but I never see anyone come to tand to them.

Hope you can give me some advice.

Nina

Last edited:

charmeroo

Visit site
If you are concerned, and I would say that ragwort is enough to give you cause, I would contact both RSPCA and WHW. Hopefully one or other organisation will at least take a look for you.

canteron

Visit site
Did you manage to have a look and how did you get on and how are the shetlands?

There is so much ragwort around this year - there is a field near us with horses and ragwort and I too am summoning up the energy to take on the owner, who is a bit of a bitch!!

Hedwards

Visit site
I dont know where in Kirby Muxloe they are, but there is an abundance of gypsy horses in that area by the motorway - and I have to say they generally all looked very well, and i have seen cars/trailers parked up in the gateways in the past. I think that this particular group of Gypsies do look after there horses.

If in doubt I'd speak to the RSPCA/WHW about them and get them to have a look...

zip

Visit site
Im on hold now to rspca, i checked them this morning. Yhey have no water, hooves overgrown, there is a fat looking grey and a very thin poor looking minature. They are very thirsty as the minature tried the nasty looking rain water while i was there. Im reluctant to give them water as I want someone to take me seriously. Rspca are going to check on them, and ring me to let me know outcome.

Yes there are a lot of gypsy horses round here that are very well cared for and I always see there vans parked up at the gates down the road, but never see anyone at this one for a good six months....

Nina

Leighwoolman

New User
Visit site
Hi I'm just wondering wether you found anything about the owner as I'd like to find out more about these Shetlands and maybe to look after them and have the health they need thanks x

Equi

Visit site
RSPCA are useless. These days if you want something done you just have to do it yourself.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Did you manage to have a look and how did you get on and how are the shetlands?

There is so much ragwort around this year - there is a field near us with horses and ragwort and I too am summoning up the energy to take on the owner, who is a bit of a bitch!!
Talk to

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/natural-england

They took on our neighbouring field which had no horses but had 4 horses field surrounding it, neighbour acted on it they have cut it down, and we reported it long again so NE contacted them again and they cut it again.

if you Pm me I will give you direct line for the guy who deals with ours :) He is really understanding. I have letters he sent to the neighbour and the guys responses.

You will need :

If poss owners (bitch)'s:Dname and address ( we did not know name but walked round found address )

What I had to do was take google map and print it off with Arial picture of our fields and neighbouring ones including the ragwort field, also photos of the ragwort.

I labeled/shaded in ragwort field and named the surrounding owner of horses field, so he could see this raggi field had horses fields all round it

Last edited:

Leighwoolman

New User
Visit site
One pony is still there went up yesterday, looks very hungry but very bloated but hoofs look ok but the water is horrid it was red and filthy look like something died Init, and no shelter at all exept a tiny tacky little shelter that he could possible not fit in, trying to find the owner to see wether he would sell him x