Shetlands are EVIL!!

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
NOOOOO!

How many stallions would you trust with a three year old?

Picture1025.jpg

Doing his statue impression - just think if he moved little girl would be damned.
crazy.gif

IM000009.jpg

IM000011.jpg

Picture0392.jpg

milomoo

Visit site
I must admit I love the little monsters. I used to work in a fell and shetland stud and I have had a few runins with a few of them mainly one on the stallions who very kindly bit me two days ina row both resulting in trips to casualty!
My best memory in being in the field with the mare and foals and the foals trying to climb over me when I was sitting down. Even though I nearly lost a thumb I would still have a field full of the little buggers!!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Totally true - shetlands ARE evil. They have such an attitude which most short things seem to have (ie. like jack russels who try to kill any bigger dog etc.).

My shetland has in her time, tripped me over and then trampled straight over me, she also bronced my friend off years ago while doing the "Grand National" up a field, and tried to kick her as she fell off! But I love her to pieces. She's been ill on and off for a year and only now is sound and is back to her old self again! She was so nice when she was ill!

Honeypots

Visit site
Now I have 2 shetlands and neither are evil..really they're not at all!!
My little midi is cheeky and fun but no more so than my Welshie. The standard Shetland is a sweetie. No attitude at all...

Pennyhp

Visit site
My girls are the nicest ponies you could wish to meet.
I never titbit them or allow others to do so.
They are very willing and have great personalities.
It is very true that they are the Terriers of the horseworld.
In other words they are small and full of personality and great fun.
Most are lovely but like terriers there is the occasional snappy little devil.
RSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2550-1.jpg

JessPickle

Visit site
We have a shetland at my yard she is the sweetest little thing, it is a little 11hh welsh section a that is the little evil pony! can you really call this face evil, this is jolene she can be handled by even a 4 year old she isnt bolshy or horrible! and definetly not evil!

DSC07242.jpg

SpruceRI

Visit site
A pain in the bottom - but not at all evil - well to humans anyway.....dogs watch out!!!

Stillnosey.jpg

Got any grub up there?

YumJan08.jpg

No, but there's some in here!

milomoo

Visit site
I am now feeling the need to add a shetland to my collection. I miss my field of fluff balls. The babies used to wait in a line for breakfast in the winter they were so cute.

itsme123

Visit site
we once had a shetland who was very similar. When we first had him he'd been treated like a pet and so acted like an overgrown spoilt pooch. I decided in my infinate wisdom to teach him to lunge, and he almost took my head off. It was getting his respect which was the hardest, shetlands are very intelligent little beings. They are big horses in little bodies. They are not cute, they need handling like any other horse. Ours thrived on being brought in, clipped out and rugged up. He hated the cold and rain. He loved to go out on exercise with the big horses, and when he left us he left a big hole oin our lives.

Perissa

Visit site
My girls aren't evil either, they are very sweet and kind but they are treated like horses. I rarely titbit mine - they get their treats in their feed bowls. They may be small but they have larger than life characters, very independant and individual!

How could you say they are evil - look at these faces
zoespictures010.jpg