Shire x TB breeders?

ems_123

Visit site
Hi there, i'm wondering if anybody knows of any breeders (preferably in or near North West but would be willing to travel for right horse) that breed shire x tb's? Been doing an awful lot of research on the breed and have fallen in love! Looking to purchase a foal with this breeding in the new year. Many thanks!

JLav

Visit site
Don't discount the Clydesdale crosses either. I've bought a Clydie x WB/TB foal who is stunning. I've bought him as a serious dressage prospect.
My friend has bought a half sister by the same Clydie stallion but out of a ID/TB mare.
The breeder is in Devon though so a long way from you and all her foals from this year have been sold.
All the mares are back in foal to the Clydie again for next year.

crazycoloured

Visit site
there's a stud close to me with a couple of shire/thoroughbreds they are wanting to sell..and are also in the north west..pm me if you want contact details...

JandP

Visit site
Lovely choice! I have one, and she is just amazing. I've also bred her back to a full TB, and her son is just brilliant, he is going to have a very bright future I think, can't wait!

ems_123

Visit site
Thanks for your replies everyone! Have enquired at Metheringham but unfortunately they only have fillies at the moment and I was really after a colt! Yes the more I research into this breed the more I like them, so far haven't heard a bad thing about them! Seem to be very rare to find though!

katiper

Visit site
I ride my friends Shire x Tb. She is AMAZING - never Mareish! My friend competed her really successfully at 1.20m, she has taught nervous beginners to ride, and now she is taking me around 2ft6-3ft classes (showing me the ropes), So she is really versatile. She has the best temperament, is an XC machine and is never sick or sorry. What I like most is how sturdy and safe she is, but she is fast and has very good breaks. I just wish she wasn't 17- I honestly don't think I will ever find such a perfect horse again. However, when its time for me to have one, I'll start my search with the same breed, but they will be some big hooves to fill ( literally and metaphorically ;o)

i think it is a great breed, chilled like a shire with the athleticism of a tb and just the right amount of feistiness.

would love to know how you get on. Also check preloved for shire x tb, there a a few young ones on there.

:eek:)

ems_123

Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Your mare sounds amazing and EXACTLY what I'm after! With any luck I'll hit the jackpot and find one just like her! All research I have done and everyone I have spoken to have said the same as you, the more I research the more I'm falling for this breed! Would love to see some pics of her if you have any? I've done another post in the pictures section to see everyone's shire x tb's.

Will definitely keep you updated on my search, I have found a stud that has a few babies/yearlings for sale and I'm going for a visit next weekend so fingers crossed! Also, thanks for the website I have checked with that stud and unfortunately they don't have any colts this year (looking for a gelding) but have a few foals due next year so definitely one to bear in mind for the future, they have some lovely horses!